× Members

PIP/ESA Horror

More
7 years 10 months ago #161201 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP/ESA Horror

jen wrote: After a month's wait, surprise surprise, mandatory reconsideration for PIP turned down. This comes a day after I sent in my ESA appeal so now have the misery of the PIP appeal to deal with now. It just never lets up.

After seven months of absolute hell, the DWP are intent on dragging this battle out to the bitter end. I really am fed up with it all since 2016 has been destroyed by this endless farce.

:(

Sorry to hear this, to try an put a positive spin on this, the success rate at appeal for PIP is now 63%.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163273 by jen
Replied by jen on topic PIP/ESA Horror
This nightmare gets worse.

Just had my PIP appeal form returned to me. Apparently, I'd sent it to the WRONG ADDRESS. I sent it to Wolverhampton since that was the address on the Mandatory reconsideration letter. The DWP told me in their reply I got today (which included a photocopy of the SSCS1 form and the mandatory decision letter) that I "have one month from the date in your Mandatory Reconsideration Notice for HMC and Tribunals Service to recieve your appeal"

Problem is, the deadline on the Mandatory notice is TODAY. I sent all the stuff last week and the letter today is dated the 10th.

I am now in a state of panic about this. I know there is a box in the SSCS1 form about appeals being sent late. Am I gonna get penalised for this error? Do I send them the photocopies of the Mandatory decision letter that the DWP have just sent me?

After eight solid months of this misery - am currently awaiting a tribunal date for the ESA - I really am at my wits end and this latest twist has upset me enormously. I hope to God this doesn't mean I'm gonna have to go back to square one because of this error.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP/ESA Horror
Jen

The address to send the SSCS1 is on the last page of the form, under where you sign.

Fill in the box about a late appeal and explain you sent the original request to the wrong address, I'm sure that they will accept your appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #172405 by jen
Replied by jen on topic PIP/ESA Horror
Hello again. After a long distressing and depressing - sometimes farcical - journey that began almost a year ago, I recently won both my ESA and PIP appeals.

Many many thanks yet again for all the guides, help and support you have given me throughout this process. It's hugely appreciated.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172411 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP/ESA Horror
That's great news jen! Well done for persevering with this until you got what you deserve :)

Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.