× Members

PIP/ESA Horror

More
8 years 1 week ago #157480 by jen
Replied by jen on topic PIP/ESA Horror
Many thanks for your excellent reply Gordon. It is hugely appreciated.

Sure enough today I got the decision letter informing me I've been moved from the SG to WRAG and the letter requesting the mandatory reconsideration will be in the post tomorrow via recorded delivery.

Just one further query for now - the request for the ESA85 assessment report. Which department of the DWP do I need to contact for that? The ones who sent the decision letter or my local job centre plus office? It's all rather confusing getting mail from Belfast addressed from other places!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157494 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP/ESA Horror

jen wrote: Many thanks for your excellent reply Gordon. It is hugely appreciated.

Sure enough today I got the decision letter informing me I've been moved from the SG to WRAG and the letter requesting the mandatory reconsideration will be in the post tomorrow via recorded delivery.

Just one further query for now - the request for the ESA85 assessment report. Which department of the DWP do I need to contact for that? The ones who sent the decision letter or my local job centre plus office? It's all rather confusing getting mail from Belfast addressed from other places!

It's the address that the Decision Letter came from,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jen

More
8 years 4 days ago #157714 by jen
Problem regarding the ESA85 report. I cannot use the telephone due to deafness, so a relative who lives 30 miles away rang the DWP on my behalf to request a copy. In spite of the DWP regularly sending my DWP letters to this relative and allowing them to rearrange my PIP medical on the phone with no problems, they refused point blank to deal with them and send a copy of the ESA85 citing "security" - I don't see this relative often for obvious reasons so wasn't present when the phone call was made.

It appears the DWP are demanding a letter written by my relative stating they're acting on my behalf and I have to sign it to grant approval. It all sounds immensely confusing. How do we go about such a letter and what should it say?

I'm also presuming if I just send a letter requesting the ESA85 myself that may be ignored unless it's been requested first by phone?

Again, thanks in advance.

More
8 years 4 days ago #157755 by Gordon
Jen

You have three options.

- write a letter agreeing to you relative having access to this information.

- they ring again when you are present so you can authorise the call

- you write to them making the request for the information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 days ago #157968 by jen
OK. The latest - was turned down for PIP but as usual, I found out second hand first yesterday via a revised Housing Benefit statement and the decision arrived today. It is a load of fictional drivel to the degree I'm too distressed and upset to read it all at the moment. Oh and what a surprise, a week already lost as the letter was dated back to last week. This stunt gets very tiresome.

To add insult to injury, today is my usual pay day and I have not been paid a penny of ESA. Naturally I can't ring and enquire due to my deafness.

I'm totally confused by it all. With the ESA I sent a letter requesting the "mandatory reconsideration" - in your PIP guide there is a template requesting likewise for PIP but no mention of this as they say I have to write explaining "why" I disagree with their decision. So, do I have to do that or send the request for the "mandatory reconsideration"?

Please forgive me if I'm asking rather obvious questions but trying to keep calm and navigate this nightmare is getting ever more confusing and pushing me to the brink of despair. So, in the space of one week, I've been thrown off ESA/SG into WRAG and thrown off DLA/PIP and have to appeal against both at the same time.

More
8 years 2 days ago - 8 years 2 days ago #157981 by Gordon
Jen

Did you receive any Premiums with your ESA? Payment may have been affected by your PIP claim being turned down.

They do have a text phone if you have this facility

www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/how-to-claim

Someone can ring on your behalf providing you are present to authorise the call.

You do need to provide a reason for requesting an MR although you did not need to go into detail..

PIP templates are in PIP Appeal Submissions document, but it will be no different from the one you used for ESA.

Gordon

Last edit: 8 years 2 days ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.