× Members

preparing for worse case scenario advice?

More
8 years 3 months ago #149099 by Rh
Esa guides?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149100 by dropfog
Replied by dropfog on topic preparing for worse case scenario advice?
:S Would anyone advise me as soon as they can re the esa form and please provide at least one contact phone number????... so desperately worried over this.Can I request they only write to me. Inver accept calls except family. I have a caller blocker BT phone. My mobile is a shared number. I can't have them call me, as I don't answer it an would miss it, I wouldn't be able to speak to them due to my mental illness, unless my relive was here when they called.... oh please help. Is it compulsory... should I get GP to put foot note of this. Very grateful if you can help.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149108 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic preparing for worse case scenario advice?

bunnydrop wrote: :S Would anyone advise me as soon as they can re the esa form and please provide at least one contact phone number????... so desperately worried over this.Can I request they only write to me. Inver accept calls except family. I have a caller blocker BT phone. My mobile is a shared number. I can't have them call me, as I don't answer it an would miss it, I wouldn't be able to speak to them due to my mental illness, unless my relive was here when they called.... oh please help. Is it compulsory... should I get GP to put foot note of this. Very grateful if you can help.

You are not required to provide a telephone number and even if you do, you are not required to take calls from the DWP the process can be carried out on paper, however, there may be times during the process where it would be to your advantage to do so, so the decision is yours.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149113 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic preparing for worse case scenario advice?

Rh wrote: Esa guides?

If you are suggesting that we include information about providing a telephone number then this has been discussed before and we have decided not to include the information in the guides, it your post is about some other update to the guides then I'm afraid you will have to explain further.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149127 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic preparing for worse case scenario advice?
I have never given my phone number to the DWP or rung them up, I always put a health reason for not giving a phone number on any form and ask them not to write asking me to ring them. They do anyway, and I write back.

So I guess it may slow some things down but the peace of mind of knowing they can't ring me is worth it to me.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149179 by dropfog
Replied by dropfog on topic preparing for worse case scenario advice?
Thanks Gordon. I can't possibly take calls, even if its an advantage to some as at present my health is my top priority, and verbal communication with them , unless mandatory ,is not a risk I'm willing to take. my forms are being dealt with, but even though technically someone else would take the call I'm sure, I just couldn't deal with the worry. The extreme stress of even coming on here as was recommend by family, fills me with anxiety and paranoia, I can't freely use computer so I'm even getting this typed by another person as I speak it,.. mad I know... but that's the nature of my illness, and how I feel the DWP have pushed use all. Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.