Cherry L wrote: Thank you.
For Q14 on ESA50 I have thought
Part 1
Coping with changes
with small changes possibly tick YES
Part 2
Can you cope with small changes etc possibly tick IT VARIES
In box I am thinking of putting
I do have difficulty with changes if I have to cope on my own I would usually find someone to help me through the process.

Is this enough or am I totally getting that wrong and I need to put in a lot more detail.?
Your thoughts and help please!!

If you tick it varies then you are saying that the degree that you affected changes over time, you need to explain how you are for the majority of the time. how you are when at your worst and when at your best, for each you need to explain how long each of these periods are.

If, even at your best, you always meet the criteria for one of the Descriptors, then you should not tick "it varies", but rather mark it "see below" and explain in the comment box or attached pages how you are affected,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156807 by Cher
Replied by Cher on topic ESA
Thank you for your last reply.
I have now begun to my fill in my ESA50.
Information:- I regularly see or speak to my GP regarding my condition (depression& anxiety) I have another appointment end of next week, to get a letter of support for evidence.
However regarding other professionals the last time I saw a Psychological Therapist from the Mental and Social Healthcare was April 2015. It was agreed after having an assessment that since I had had regular and long periods of different types of counselling since 2012 which had not been beneficial, to not take up any more at that time but I could change my mind in the future.
I have a letter saying this.
Can I send this letter with my ESA50 or is it too out of date?
Would not having had any counselling for a year go against me?
If so should I get my Doctor to refer me again and get back in the system to be assessed? Of course this is likely to take several or more weeks to get sorted.
Thank you

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156820 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Cherry

I would discuss the matter with your GP to see if they have any thoughts about how you might provide more up to date evidence.

You're not alone in being parked by the NHS. if you don't have any recent reports then you don't have them.

There's no reason not to send the 2012 letter but don't expect to much of it.

To try and counter the lack of evidence you need to provide as much explanation of how your conditions limit your ability to complete the ESA activities as you can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156829 by Cher
Thank you.

The letter I was mentioning was from '2015'
Saying that I do have letters from counsellors going back to 2012 and a letter produced at 2013 tribunal. Can I use those?

I also have copies of medical letters written to my Doctor by a Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist these go back to 2004/2005.
Can I use them in 'about your other health conditions' etc Page 5?
Thank you

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156833 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Cherry L wrote: Thank you.

The letter I was mentioning was from '2015'
Saying that I do have letters from counsellors going back to 2012 and a letter produced at 2013 tribunal. Can I use those?

I also have copies of medical letters written to my Doctor by a Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist these go back to 2004/2005.
Can I use them in 'about your other health conditions' etc Page 5?
Thank you

Sorry I missed the reference to 2015. This should still be relevant.

As a general rule anything over two years old will need additional justification for it to still carry weight with those assessing you, the exceptions would be letters making a diagnosis. Basically the older the letter the more you will have to show that the information is still valid to how you are today. For conditions that do not respond to treatment or are likely to deteriorate, this is usually easy as you are in effect putting a stake in the ground saying this is how I was and I am no better or even worse now! For fluctuating conditions or ones that could respond to treatment this can be much more difficult.

Gordon

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156874 by Cher
Thank you.

Sorry if I have sent a similar message already (last night) my computer may have developed a glitch of some sort,

Page 5 of ESA50 'your health conditions etc'
Can I go back at least 23 years athough my memory will be patchy and try explain what has happened over this period?
I did not claim benefits then as my ex husband provided until 2011.

Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.