× Members

ESA

More
8 years 1 week ago #157884 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Cherry L wrote: Thank you.
I am getting to the end of the ESA50 thank goodness. I have depression and anxiety.There is a lot in the guide re exceptional circumstances & substantial risk however I am finding all that a bit complicated. Can I put in the ESA50 that I think I am a substantial risk and why and do I need to say about exceptional circumstances and the support group as well? Where do I start and which is best one to cover or should I cover all of this. Help!
Hope I make sense!!
Thank you

Have a look at my answer to a similar question earlier today

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...8977&start=12#157877

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #158287 by Cher
Replied by Cher on topic ESA
Thank you for your last reply.

I have seen my doctor regarding ESA50 (this has gone to DWP already because of the deadline) and she is going to provide me a letter of supporting evidence once again. She wants to see all my paperwork with regards to how I have answered the questionnaire.
I told her about your guides.

In order for her to give me the best supporting evidence possible can I give her along with my answers your 94 page guide on mental health?

As well as the descriptors should I point her in the direction of the support group, exceptional circumstances and substantial risk.

She is very supportive and has known me along time and is happy to help me in anyway she can.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

More
8 years 1 week ago #158314 by Gordon
Cherry

I see no problems with yo loaning your GP a copy of the guide and you should certainly refer them to the activities that you would expect to score points for, including the Exceptional Circumstances, but I would be cautious of detailing the specific Descriptors that you hope to meet as you do not want to be seen as leading them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159172 by Cher
Thank you.
I saw my GP yesterday she said she was very impressed with my answers to my ESA50. I told her I could not have done it without your invaluable guides. I had sent her the questions and my answers along with your Mental health guide.
She has always been very supportive and gives me more time than the standard at any appointment however for me to go through everything with her bit by bit would take forever.
She is very willing to write me a letter of support but she is a bit 'stumped' as to what to write other than agreeing with all my answers and statements.

Can you offer me any advice on this?

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thank you

More
7 years 11 months ago #159228 by Gordon
Cher

I don't want to cause your GP more work than necessary but they need to detail what descriptors that they think that you meet and why, you could provide them with a document with the ESA Descriptors on it, but without any points so it is unbiased and ask them to tick which ones they think you meet and write a short explanation of why underneath.

Gordon

More
7 years 11 months ago #159267 by Cher
Once again thank you.

As my next appointment with my GP is not until next Friday and my ESA50 was sent in before the 11/5/2016 deadline, do I need to get in touch with the Health Assessment Advisory Service from where the ESA50 was sent from to tell them I will be submitting medical evidence but it will take longer than I anticipated?

Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris