× Members

ESA

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156478 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA
Hi Cherry, you can contact us as often as you need :)

This is your claim and you must be happy with the information submitted in your name. that means not only making sure that what has been written is accurate but also ensuring that you have provided as much information as you see fit.

If you are not happy with what has been put on the ESA50 form, you can always add more. DWP cannot take into account anything that you have not told them! The object is to give them enough to make a favourable decision, so don't hold back anything you think would be helpful.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: aschscot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156487 by Sarah B
Replied by Sarah B on topic ESA
I am about to apply for ESA again having been found Fit For Work last May. Since then I've been supported by my Dad: the day after I was found Fit my Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer (she died last October) - my parents agreed to support me until after she died and I was ready to apply again. I have new conditions diagnosed, I may even have an advocate (I have no friends or family who can come with me to the WCA). What I would like to know is if you can add to the form? I found the spaces too small to write in. I know we can send supporting letters, but I mean can we add extra pages? I have so many problems both mental and physical, and trying to explain them in the little boxes is impossible.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156523 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Sarah B wrote: I am about to apply for ESA again having been found Fit For Work last May. Since then I've been supported by my Dad: the day after I was found Fit my Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer (she died last October) - my parents agreed to support me until after she died and I was ready to apply again. I have new conditions diagnosed, I may even have an advocate (I have no friends or family who can come with me to the WCA). What I would like to know is if you can add to the form? I found the spaces too small to write in. I know we can send supporting letters, but I mean can we add extra pages? I have so many problems both mental and physical, and trying to explain them in the little boxes is impossible.

Yes you can.

Each page must have your full name and National Insurance Number at the top and we recommend numbering each page "page X of Y" so that it's easy to identify if a page is missing.

Mark the form with something like " see answer on page Z" and on the page identify the question that you are asking.

Personally, I would put your answer entirely in the comments box or an attached page, splitting it could mean that all of your answer is not read,

Attach all of your pages to the back of the form with a staple, treasury tag, or string or ribbon.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156586 by Cher
Replied by Cher on topic ESA
Thank you.
It seems to be that it is by far the best to put as much info in ESA50 then the less is more way.
How do I avoid waffling using many words to describe how my life is affected by my depression and anxiety?
Thanks

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156623 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Cherry L wrote: Thank you.
It seems to be that it is by far the best to put as much info in ESA50 then the less is more way.
How do I avoid waffling using many words to describe how my life is affected by my depression and anxiety?
Thanks

Less is more is certainly something to aim for, but not if it means that you do not explain your problems properly.

Gordon

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156638 by Cher
Replied by Cher on topic ESA
Thank you.
For Q14 on ESA50 I have thought
Part 1
Coping with changes
with small changes possibly tick YES
Part 2
Can you cope with small changes etc possibly tick IT VARIES
In box I am thinking of putting
I do have difficulty with changes if I have to cope on my own I would usually find someone to help me through the process.

Is this enough or am I totally getting that wrong and I need to put in a lot more detail.?
Your thoughts and help please!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.