× Members

ESA

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #157312 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Cherry

I'm afraid there is only one version of the ESA50.

You could prepare your answers on your computer and attach them to the form, write in the comments boxes on the form " see my answer on page x of attached" and on the additional pages "answer for Question Y".

If you do attach pages then you need to include your full name and National Insurance Number on each page and we recommend numbering each page in the format "page A of B".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #157384 by Cher
Replied by Cher on topic ESA
I had another glitch with my computer I therefore may have already sent something similar to what is written below earlier.

Thank you once again.

ESA50 completing (suffering from Depression and Anxiety)
I have a couple of questions regarding finance and what to put if anything in the ESA50.
I have some debts, mainly because of a symptom of depression. In 2012 I had help from a well known and respected organisation who put me on a repayment programme paying back a very small sum each month this continues still.
I have not had any child support from my ex husband since June 2012. It is far too complicated to go into detail but suffice to say the CSA, a Solicitor and a Court have been unable to resolve this problem and at this time there is nothing more that can be done regarding this matter.
Being found ‘fit for work’ I feel would cause a serious deterioration in my mental health and would this would no doubt have an impact on my children.
My question is do I if any give details in the ESA50 regarding these?
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully giving me advice.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #157401 by Gordon
Cherry

Unless you can show that your debts directly impact on your ability to complete the ESA activities then I would not expect these matters to be considered by those assessing you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #157842 by Cher
Thank you.
If I forget to take my medication for depression, which I do sometimes can I say so on ESA50 that I do and what affect it has on me when I do forget?
Thank you

More
8 years 1 week ago #157861 by Gordon

Cherry L wrote: Thank you.
If I forget to take my medication for depression, which I do sometimes can I say so on ESA50 that I do and what affect it has on me when I do forget?
Thank you

Yes you can,

Gordon

More
8 years 1 week ago #157864 by Cher
Thank you.
I am getting to the end of the ESA50 thank goodness. I have depression and anxiety.There is a lot in the guide re exceptional circumstances & substantial risk however I am finding all that a bit complicated. Can I put in the ESA50 that I think I am a substantial risk and why and do I need to say about exceptional circumstances and the support group as well? Where do I start and which is best one to cover or should I cover all of this. Help!
Hope I make sense!!
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.