× Members

PIP early renewal ?

• medion4@live.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #164296 by medion4@live.co.uk
Replied by medion4@live.co.uk on topic PIP early renewal ?
An optimistic question please!
My process of renewal has been pretty quick by ATOS and DWP, I rang them yesterday and dwp confirmed I should have a decision within 7 to 10 days as my early renewal claim is with a decision maker.
My question is....
Would my PIP award still be relooked at in June 2017 at its correct review date again or have you come across award dates changing as a consequence of the 12 month early review?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #164318 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP early renewal ?
Hi Catherine,

This is, to all intents and purposes, the 2017 review! Whatever the length of your award, it will be counted from this new decision. You will only be routinely reassessed next year if you were to be given a 2 year award this time.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

• medion4@live.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #165903 by medion4@live.co.uk
Just a quick question please, when recommendations and points are forwarded to decision maker from ATOS assessment, how much of these recommendations are taken into account for final decision please?

More
7 years 8 months ago #165938 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP early renewal ?
HI Catherine,

The Decision Maker does not often make a decision that is at odds with the assessors' report.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• medion4@live.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #166015 by medion4@live.co.uk
Hello,
I was given my decision over the phone yesterday and waiting for confirmation by letter so I can read fully how the decision was made, having requested a copy of my assessment letter with ATOS for the 3rd time now, I am hoping to receive this soon.

My original PIP award was to last until June next year with higher living and lower mobility. The new decision is for Standard living only until 2019.

My question is, I have a blue bage, bus pass and 50% tax relief on car tax up to June next year Because my original award letter included lower mobility until June 2017.

Until I receive decision letter and report, I am not certain whether I will challenge there decision at this stage.

So what happens to above, whilst challenging there decision or what happens to them if I accept DWP decision?

Thank you for helping,
:)

More
7 years 8 months ago #166033 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP early renewal ?
Catherine

The new Decision applies until another one replace it.

I believe you can continue to use your Blue Badge.

You are no longer entitled to reduced car tax and must re-tax your car, please be aware that if your car is not properly taxed then it may affect your insurance as welll.

I'm afraid you will have to check the terms and conditions of the Bus Pass.

If the Decision is revised at appeal to a qualifying award then you re-tax your car at the lower rate again.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.