× Members

Upset and gobsmacked

More
7 years 1 month ago #184714 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Upset and gobsmacked
I have also had my esa cut, that's due to the PIP I guess. Anyway I have lost £725 a month. My HP was an Occupational Therapist. The heating has been turned off and I have had to let my two carers go. They bathed me and cleaned my bedding and house.

They didn't get my car though because that is mine. Don't know how I would get by without that.

I have sent my MR by special delivery what happens now, will they send me a form to fill in outlining my points or do they just look at the award again. I sent no extra evidence at this time and put that in my letter using the template from here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #184745 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Upset and gobsmacked
Hi Judy,

The DWP are unlikely to contact you until the MR has been competed. This is likely to take at least a few weeks.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #185431 by Judy
Can I save all my comments concerning the MR until I apply for a tribunal or do I have to give all my comments/notes about the HP and DM decision to the MR people?

My concern is this... If I give all my evidence NOW to MR I won't have anything new for the tribunal... so do I hold back on some things for the tribunal or do I give my all now? What I'm trying to say is this, I don't have a lot of extra evidence, hardly any at all except diaries and the old HP report. If I show MR all my cards now I won't have any trump cards for the tribunal :( None at all so would be going to tribunal with nothing extra, will I be allowed to do that?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #185451 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Upset and gobsmacked

Judy wrote: Can I save all my comments concerning the MR until I apply for a tribunal or do I have to give all my comments/notes about the HP and DM decision to the MR people?

My concern is this... If I give all my evidence NOW to MR I won't have anything new for the tribunal... so do I hold back on some things for the tribunal or do I give my all now? What I'm trying to say is this, I don't have a lot of extra evidence, hardly any at all except diaries and the old HP report. If I show MR all my cards now I won't have any trump cards for the tribunal :( None at all so would be going to tribunal with nothing extra, will I be allowed to do that?

You can look at this two ways -

You can give all your information for the MR in the hope that you don't even have to get as far as an appeal. If you do have to appeal, there is no reason why you should have to provide new information. Doing this, your MR might take longer but it improves your chance of a successful decision at this stage.

Or, you can give brief information now in the knowledge that MRs rarely overturn the original decision and in the hope that the MR will be concluded more quickly so that you can move on to appeal.

The decision is yours.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #185456 by Judy
Thank you Mrs H, That really does help me. I think minimal to MR then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #185476 by Judy
I've had to turn my heating off and now have a chest infection from getting so so cold, and my hygiene has wavered due to having to let go the two carers who helped me bathe.

Also my housing benefit money came in this week £20 a fortnight less than before so that looks like it has been cut as well. I wasn't expecting that.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.