× Members

Upset and gobsmacked

More
7 years 4 days ago #185483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Upset and gobsmacked

Judy wrote: I've had to turn my heating off and now have a chest infection from getting so so cold, and my hygiene has wavered due to having to let go the two carers who helped me bathe.

Also my housing benefit money came in this week £20 a fortnight less than before so that looks like it has been cut as well. I wasn't expecting that.

Have you contacted Occupational Health at your Local Authority, they may be able to provide your with help for your care needs.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 days ago #185572 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Upset and gobsmacked
My MR decision has come back today, all very speedily I think. I will be taking it further I have decided. I have been awarded 2 more points which now puts me in standard care, mobility no change which is standard also.

Because I can't reach and go dizzy they suggest I use loose fitting clothing, I imagine they want me to wear dresses instead of trousers, I don't suit and don't own a dress. This is because I can't pull on trousers by myself. They suggest I use slip on shoes, which I already do, and a sock aid, which I don't, and that should be sufficient for me to be able to dress myself.

Also I showed no sign of breathlessness, I was in bed the whole f2f.

Also they state I am capable of walking further using an aid for the majority of the time. I use walking sticks in the house and cannot walk outside without a mobility scooter. I never go anywhere without it. So I expect I won't get the enhanced mobility because of this?

I need help getting in and out of the shower and washing my lower body, and help getting on and off the toilet, they say a raised toilet seat should fix that. Plus I need someone to help me wipe and also to help me clean up after bowel incontinence. They say a bottom wiper and long handled shower sponge would help me clean up on toilet and in shower.

More
7 years 2 days ago #185606 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Upset and gobsmacked
Judy

The comments from the DM on the face of it appear to be reasonable, however, I say that with no real knowledge of your conditions so that does not mean that they are applicable to you, just that they are not the rubbish that we often see.

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

More
6 years 11 months ago #186198 by Judy
I'm about to submit my form for a FTT. Can I just fill it in and then later send on my more reasoned arguments and diaries or do they expect all this with the SSCS1 form? Thanks.

More
6 years 11 months ago #186199 by Judy
Sorry, I forgot to say... Do the tribunal expect me to be able to walk longer distance because I use my scooter outside?

More
6 years 11 months ago #186204 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Upset and gobsmacked

Judy wrote: I'm about to submit my form for a FTT. Can I just fill it in and then later send on my more reasoned arguments and diaries or do they expect all this with the SSCS1 form? Thanks.

Yes, send in brief details with the SSCS1 and then wait until you have received a copy of DWP's submission before you write up your own arguments.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.