× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
4 years 9 months ago #234895 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Remember the point of the UTT is different to the point of the FFT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #234943 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Stressed wrote:

Thanks Gordon

So a simple request saying something like

I would like to request my case being seen by the upper tribunal as they have not given good reason to refer to my 2015 medical report (I'm just us ing this as an example not that that's my reason).

I would put more detail in, so maybe

The Judge, in their Statement of Reasons, has failed to provide an adequate explanation of why the panel favoured the assessment report from 2015 over the one produced as part of the assessment that led to the decision that I appealed, I believe this constitutes an Error of Law.

You might also want to add after "appealed" (if applicable), especially as I documented a deterioration of my condition since 2015.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #235804 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Another quick update.. .

I recived a letter about my housing benefit saying that I need to provide evidence on what I am doing for money to support my nil income claim or risk losing my housing benefit.

So I have provided them a signed declaration and some bank statements.

I have also recived my PIP assessment appointment but it is so far away I don't think I would be able to cope with the travelling.

I had a look online and there seems to be an assessment centre just a couple of miles away from me so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if they will change it :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 8 months ago #235897 by Stressed
A decision on my housing benefit is being made today so I hope I have provided them enough evidence.

I called the pip helpline and it almost seemed like the operator knew what I was going to say before I said it.

She immediately offered me two appointments for the assessment centre that's not far from me and both appointments were a lot sooner than my original one, so I have no idea why they would try and make me travel so far.

I've had another thought....

As PIP seems even harder to get the ESA im already gussing that this is going to be yet another appeal.

Is there any assessment rate while going through a pip appeal ?

More
4 years 8 months ago #235916 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Stressed wrote: Is there any assessment rate while going through a pip appeal ?

If an award is made then you will receive that but if one is not made then there are no payments while you wait for an MR or Appeal to be decided.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 8 months ago #235953 by Stressed
Thanks Gordon

I was afraid you would say that.

I don't think I would be able to manage without money again while j waited for another appeal :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.