× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
4 years 11 months ago #230757 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

UC is different from ESA, so under ESA you made the claim and your partner was attached to it but they had no obligations other than attending a Work Focussed Interview every couple of years.

Under UC you make a claim on behalf of your household and your partner has the same responsibilities as you do under UC, they can offset those by declaring themselves as your carer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231461 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Gordon wrote: Stressed

UC is different from ESA, so under ESA you made the claim and your partner was attached to it but they had no obligations other than attending a Work Focussed Interview every couple of years.

Under UC you make a claim on behalf of your household and your partner has the same responsibilities as you do under UC, they can offset those by declaring themselves as your carer.

Gordon

Oh ok I think I understand.

I suppose it would still be a matter of the person that deals with UC accepting that I need a carer.

Things have gotten a bit worse as esa have informed HB that I lost my appeal and they have stopped my HB.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231464 by Gordon
Stressed

Have you asked about making a Nil Income claim for HB?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 10 months ago #231477 by Stressed

Have you asked about making a Nil Income claim for HB?

Gordon

Sorry Gordon I should have explained a bit better.

The same thing happened when I was going through my MR , they stopped my HB and I had to send them a declaration stating I'm not claiming anything and send them a bank statement as proof.

This time as soon as they send me the letter stating the HB has stopped I sent in the same things. But this time they have said it could take two weeks for it to be dealt with.

The problem is my rent is now due :(

More
4 years 10 months ago #231561 by Stressed

UC has to be claimed as a household, you can provide a new Fit Note and ask to be assessed as Unfit for Work, the criteria is exactly the same as ESA so you will need to think about how you approach this. You may be able to receive the Carers Element without your receiving PIP or CA this would excuse your partner from being required to work.

Gordon

I've been thinking about this and I can see a couple of issues so maybe you can put my mind at ease (again).

If I was to start a claim for UC and supply them with a fit note, wouldn't this only be effective while the fit note is still in date.

The reason i ask this is because the fit notes are only valid for a few months and my doctor is already making it seem like they can provide them forever?

Also going back to my partner, couldn't the derision makers at UC say they disagree with me needing a carer and reject my partners request?

More
4 years 10 months ago #231569 by Gordon
Stressed

You would need to maintain an active Fit Note until a Decision was made on your being Fit for Work or not.

It would help your partner if you made a claim for PIP, ultimately I cannot guarantee that they will be treated as a carer.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.