× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
4 years 11 months ago #230518 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

Yes, I mean if you win at the UTT, the most likely result is that a new First Tier Tribunal will be ordered.

Unless you are entitled to the Severe Disability Premium, even if it is not being paid then your only option is to claim Universal Credit and to ask to be assessed on your capability to work. If you claim UC then you cannot return to ESA but if you do receive an ESA award then you would receive back payment on it, although any UC you had already received would be deducted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230521 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Gordon wrote: Stressed

Yes, I mean if you win at the UTT, the most likely result is that a new First Tier Tribunal will be ordered.

Unless you are entitled to the Severe Disability Premium, even if it is not being paid then your only option is to claim Universal Credit and to ask to be assessed on your capability to work. If you claim UC then you cannot return to ESA but if you do receive an ESA award then you would receive back payment on it, although any UC you had already received would be deducted.

Gordon

So really my only option of getting any payments while I'm waiting for the upper tribunal is to apply for UC but then i won't be able to return to ESA even if I win at the upper tribunal?

What about pip. Do you receive any money while waiting for a pip application?

Btw I have just submitted a new fit note to cover me for a few more months

More
4 years 11 months ago #230533 by Gordon
Stressed

PIP doesn't pay anything during the assessment period although, if an award is made then it will be backdated to the when the claim is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 11 months ago #230555 by Stressed
I'm really stuck and don't know what way to turn :-(

More
4 years 11 months ago #230558 by Gordon
Stressed

OK, so you need to be practical about this, is there any reason why you would not make a claim for UC?

Gordon

More
4 years 11 months ago #230565 by Stressed

Gordon wrote: Stressed

OK, so you need to be practical about this, is there any reason why you would not make a claim for UC?

Gordon

I really am one of the genuine claimants that is unable to work. And info was put on UC I would be expected to do job searches and attend regular interviews.

Also with ESA it was a joint claim (I claimed for my partner), this worked out really well as my partner is like my full time carer.
So again on UC my partner would be away from brand I would be unable to cope.

I guess the next best thing would be for me to be on pip with my partner down as my carer but I can't guarantee we would be accepted and I don't know what we would do for money while waiting to find out.

I really am lost :-(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.