× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
4 years 11 months ago #230385 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Gordon wrote: Stressed

Don't assume you can make an appeal to the UTT, it will depend on what is in the SoR.

Gordon

Do you mean I may not be allowed to appeal to the upper tribunal?

Is there a template to request the Statement of Reasons and the Record of Proceedings ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230386 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

I mean that you may not have reason to appeal to the UTT, it is all down to whether you can show that there was an Error of Law in the making of the Decision, not because you disagree with the Decision that was made.

There's no template all you have to do is to write to the Tribunal venue requesting the Judge in charge of your hearing provide a SoR and RoP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 11 months ago #230388 by Stressed

Gordon wrote: Stressed

I mean that you may not have reason to appeal to the UTT, it is all down to whether you can show that there was an Error of Law in the making of the Decision, not because you disagree with the Decision that was made.

There's no template all you have to do is to write to the Tribunal venue requesting the Judge in charge of your hearing provide a SoR and RoP.

Gordon

Oh ok.

From looking at the guides it will probably fall in to these to reasons depending on what they send me:

The decision made is supported by no evidence.

The tribunal did not give proper findings of fact or provide adequate reasons for its decision. There must be sufficient reasons so that you can see why it reached the decision it did.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230477 by Stressed
I have someone that is going to help me request the statement of reasons.

Will I continue to receive ESA at assessment rate while I'm waiting and if I'm able to go to the upper tribunal?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230503 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Stressed wrote: Will I continue to receive ESA at assessment rate while I'm waiting and if I'm able to go to the upper tribunal?

No, I'm afraid it's not payable during a UTT appeal. However, if the First Tier Decision is Set Aside then the Assessment rate should become payable again, from the date of the first hearing, subject to your having Fit Notes to cover the period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 11 months ago #230515 by Stressed

Gordon wrote:

Stressed wrote: Will I continue to receive ESA at assessment rate while I'm waiting and if I'm able to go to the upper tribunal?

No, I'm afraid it's not payable during a UTT appeal. However, if the First Tier Decision is Set Aside then the Assessment rate should become payable again, from the date of the first hearing, subject to your having Fit Notes to cover the period.

Gordon

Oh no :-(

So they would have already stopped my ESA then?
If so what will I do for money.

When you say if the first tier is set aside, do you mean if I win at the upper tribunal?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.