× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
4 years 7 months ago #236835 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Gordon wrote: Stressed

They will want to see a current repeat prescription document.

Gordon

Oh ok I'll take them with me.

It's better than taking the medication with me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236881 by Stressed
Well I attended my assessment today.

I think but all went well but then I thought that at my ESA assessment :(

It seemed to be over VERY quickly and was nowhere near as long as the ESA assessment.

Is this normal?

Also I've read that to qualify for the mobility component you need to have trouble planning and following journeys and
moving around .

But I wasn't asked anything about these things.

I also called about the ESA appeal and they said that they don't notify in receiving the upper tribunal request, only when it has been dealt with.

They also said it has been passed over to a judge and he will either decide on dealing with it himself or passing it over to the upper tribunal by the 14 September.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236899 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

Assessment times vary, perhaps the assessor was satisfied that there was sufficient information in and with your claim form that they did not need to extend the interview, the same for the Mobility.

I don't have easy access to the paperwork but I'm sure I had confirmation when I requested an appeal to the UTT but at least you now know it has been received.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 7 months ago #236940 by Stressed

Assessment times vary, perhaps the assessor was satisfied that there was sufficient information in and with your claim form that they did not need to extend the interview, the same for the Mobility.

I don't have easy access to the paperwork but I'm sure I had confirmation when I requested an appeal to the UTT but at least you now know it has been received.

Gordon

She did seem to be focused on what was written on the screen.

For example I gave her my prescriptions and she took one glance at them them and said she didn't need to look at them because she already has them on the computer.

I'm never very optimistic when it comes to these assessments.

But if I am awarded pip at the low rate. Could I loose it if o chose to appeal for the higher rate?

More
4 years 7 months ago #236943 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

Challenging a Decision allows it to be re-made and that can be at a reduced rate as well as a higher one, we don't hear of a reduced award very often, it is probably six months since the last one but it does happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236955 by Stressed

Challenging a Decision allows it to be re-made and that can be at a reduced rate as well as a higher one, we don't hear of a reduced award very often, it is probably six months since the last one but it does happen.

Gordon

Sorry, what I mean by low rate is the award without enhanced rate (I think it's for mobility).

It's just that I would need to have my partner as my carer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.