× Members

help with what i do next

More
4 years 11 months ago #229687 by jimmy
help with what i do next was created by jimmy
good evening everyone I am a new member and my name is jimmy and I am from surrey I hope your all as well as you can be. I am asking if anyone can inform me if I have to print off and tick the boxes myself in the form that says gp notes and take to my gp to comment on and send it back with my claim form or do the dwp send me it in a the pack before I take it to him?
( its the PIP GP Notes) also I am making my claim call in morning so I don't know what I do after the first call as I have been reading here to start as early as possible to gather information. I got the dreaded letter Friday afternoon to say my dla was stopping I expected it to come some day but it is quite a shock to just come through the door with no warning and no information on how to go about it all. any help with this request would be greatful, I also expect to be posting for more advice soon as I am not very clued up on this. thank you all
jimmy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #229720 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic help with what i do next
Jimmy

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You would print off the GP Notes document and give it your GP to complete and then include it with your other evidence when you return your form.

The PIP2 form usually takes 7-10 days to arrive so I would start making notes about the problems that you have with completing the PIP activities while you wait for it.

Our PIP Claim guide explains the criteria that you will need to meet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmy

More
4 years 10 months ago #229763 by jimmy
Replied by jimmy on topic help with what i do next
thank you Gordon, I will do that now, I was not sure what I done or if the descriptors is included in the pack they send me, I just rang and started my claim today as I am being transferred over from dla.and was told the pack will be with me within the next 14 days, how long do they give you to gather information to send back because doctors and consultants cant just write stuff for me at the drop of a hat so as you know it may take time to get all my info,sorry about asking questions but its hard fro me to navigate the site,but I appreciate all the help and advice I get on here.

More
4 years 10 months ago #229770 by Gordon
jimmy

You will have four weeks to complete the form and return it with any evidence, you can request a two week extension. If you can't get your evidence together for when your form needs to go back then send what you have and the rest as soon as you can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #229925 by jimmy
Replied by jimmy on topic help with what i do next
hi Gordon and all, I am not sure how many questions I can ask here and if I am over my limit can someone please tell me, any way I would like to ask now if ( my journey on pip has just started now waiting on pack to come and fill in ) when a decision comes through and if I asked for a mr and eventually a appeal it do I lose my esa and end up with nothing at all to live on ? the reason I ask is I am on 20 hours a day oxygen and it costs a lot of money to run the concentrator and I cant live in my house rent free or pay gas or electric ( as everyone else does ) the idea of losing every penny scares me as I cant live without oxygen food and other basic stuff. so if you or anyone else can tell me if I lose everything until I end any appeal that may start then I would have to think hard about it all, I think all members on here are very strong after reading what some of them have gone through as I don't know how strong I could be, I am in a wheelchair constant and am worried if I have to have a face to face they force me to get t out my chair and walk, as I cant walk far and carrying a oxygen cylinder on my hand and a stick on the other would make me even more breathless,anxious and stressed. any knowledge from anyone would be appreciated. thank you Gordon and everyone

More
4 years 10 months ago #229932 by Gordon
Jimmy

You can ask as many questions as you need to.

I would not expect your ESA to be affected by a negative PIP Decision, I can count on one hand with fingers to spare the times where it has been an issue and even then it was a reassessment not the removal of the award. The criteria is actually quite different and there are lots of people who qualify for one benefit and not the other.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.