× Members

help with what i do next

More
4 years 10 months ago #229953 by jimmy
Replied by jimmy on topic help with what i do next
thank you Gordon for your reply, so am I correct in saying that if I don't want to accept any decision that I feel is not correct and wish to ask for a mandatory reconsideration or appeal to start , then I will continue to receive the esa I do now and my housing benefit without having to reapply or go over to universal credit. thank you for all your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #229978 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic help with what i do next
Jimmy

Yes, this would be correct.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmy

More
4 years 10 months ago #230095 by jimmy
good morning Gordon, just another of quick questions I would like information on if you can help with, one is when I send back my claim pack filled in how long do I expect to wait for a decision or if they want me to go to a face to face interview how long does it take for a face to face come through to with a date and after that how long usually does it take to have to go to the face to face ? question two. our children booked a holiday for us two years ago and it is booked for the 29th june until 13th july not in this country for our 40th anniversary .if the face to face date comes and is arranged for when we are away can I ring and change the date an ask for a different date ? I am just worried what I can do if it does come, its just very unfortunate for me that the dla to pip claim letter came through at this time and as you know they can do to us what they want. I am unsure wether I should send all I have back straight away or leave it till around 5 days before the pip2 is due back and send it recorded delivery, so I can try avoid any face to face letter come before I go away on our holiday.
your advice would be most appreciated greatfully, thank you jimmy.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230135 by Gordon
jimmy

There are some delays in the PIP assessment process where we would previously have expected 2-4 weeks you are probably looking at 4-6 weeks or slightly longer

Include your holiday dates on your PIP2 and once your form has been submitted contact Assessment Provider for your postcode to confirm them.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #230214 by jimmy
thank you Gordon, I am not sure who does mine as I am in surrey, do I click on the both links and see where I would be sent if I have to get a face to face assessment, I am still waiting on my pack to come through and if they only give me four weeks from the date on the letter to get my papers back then it would more or less be only 3 weeks in total, so I don't know until they get my paperwork and make a decision when I would get the f2f, should I put my holiday dates in even before they make a decision and get back to me, there is so many things I am unsure about I will end up boring you Gordon. but thanks for all the help you are giving me at present tp prepare.
jimmy

More
4 years 10 months ago #230236 by Gordon
Jimmy

The first link has a map with the areas covered by each Assessment provider.

If you need it you can request a two-week extension.

Yes, include your holiday dates on the form.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.