× Members

MariW: DLA-PIP decision is here!

More
4 years 9 months ago #234004 by MariW
I have never seen such a flurry of DLA-PIP related posts as in the last six weeks. The DWP appear desperate to complete the process by that auspicious date of 31 October. Here’s my timeline this far:

• 19/06/2019: MW received DWP letter dated 13 June 2019 informing her that her indefinite award of DLA was to end and to make a PIP1 application by 11 July 2019.
• 01/07/2019: MW’s carer made PIP1 phone call but MW had to input permission/ declaration of understand on three occasions. It was a trying process for both claimant and carer.
• 05/07/2019: PIP2 sent by DWP.
• 13/07/2019: MW received the PIP2 and all the other bits and pieces including a skinny A4 envelope (see below). The PIP2 has to reach the DWP by 5 August 2019.

My thanks to BIS and Magdelena for their advice about envelopes :)
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...95-pip-envelope-size

Mari
The following user(s) said Thank You: magdelena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #234928 by MariW
My carer and I took my PIP2 to the Post Office this morning. I sent it by a registered service that requires a signature on receipt at Wolverhampton. It cost more than I had imagined- more that many claimants could begin to afford- but that’s not all.

Despite the superb B&W resources that enabled me to be fully prepared for the “invitation” to claim PIP, the form-filling took much longer than expected. It caused me extreme physical pain and has hit me hard emotionally. I’m exhausted in every way. In one way, I’m glad to get the PIP2 off. On the other hand I know its arrival will set another clock ticking.

I’ve read of a number of cases where the claimant has to produce proof of posting because the DWP has “lost” their PIP2. When I know the form has arrived and been signed for at Wolverhampton would it be wise to give it a couple of days and then phone to check that it’s in the system or is it safe to just assume it?

Thanks,

Mari W

More
4 years 8 months ago #234934 by BIS
Hi MariW

If you included a mobile number on your form, then you will receive a text once they have received it. If you didn't you could just rely on the post office tracking online to see if it has been received. However, to give you complete peace of mind, you could ring about a week after it was due, to check that not only that it has arrived, but that it has been loaded up onto the system. Arriving and loading are two separate processes so that is just one of the reasons why sometimes things get lost.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
4 years 8 months ago #235055 by MariW
Thanks for that advice, BIS.

My PIP2 was due in on 5 August. (It was received at Wolverhampton yesterday.)

Today I received a “reminder” from the DWP. It was dated 24 July and “awarded me an additional two weeks to complete the form. 19 August was/is the new due date. The letter states, “If you need to ask us for more time, call us.” It appears that PIP claimants can get an extra four weeks if they need it. I hope that information will help members waiting to see a GP, etc.

Mari

More
4 years 8 months ago #235121 by MariW
It’s 1 August today and I honestly don’t think I’m going to make it through the month. I just want to end my life. After decade after decade of progressive illness, my body scarcely functions . I am dependent on an exhausted and increasingly carer and the DWP. I can’t go on; I’ve felt worse each day since I posted the PIP2.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235122 by BIS
Hi MariW

If you need to talk to someone please contact your GP or your local crisis team or the Samaritans

Samaritans : 24 hr line - 116 123

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.