× Members

MariW: DLA-PIP decision is here!

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #238283 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic MW: DLA-PIP process & IAS
I have just learned that I have had a paper-based assessment for PIP. I would like to contact the DWP for a copy of the IAS recommendation and data, other than my PIP2, that led to the recommendation.

I really cannot demand more of my carer, who has been wonderful throughout recent months. Moreover, I prefer a paper-trail. To whom at the DWP do I address my letter? Is it the Data-Controller?

Thanks,

Mari

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238298 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MW: DLA-PIP process & IAS
MariW

Send your request to the DWP office dealing with your claim, the Data Controller is as good a title as any other :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #238299 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic MW: DLA-PIP process & IAS
Huge thanks, Gordon :)

I have duplicated this post; I'm so jittery that I couldn't recall whether I'd posted it this morning. Sorry... :(

Mari

More
4 years 6 months ago #238318 by Kab
Replied by Kab on topic MW: DLA-PIP process & IAS
www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-persona...or-work-and-pensions

If you need a copy of any other information that DWP holds about you
You can request your personal information online.

You can also write to DWP. Include a description of the information you want (for example Jobseeker’s Allowance records), the time period you need the information to cover and your:

full name
full address
date of birth
National Insurance number
Post your written request to:

Right of Access Requests
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 2EF

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 5 months ago #240363 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic MW: DLA-PIP: post-decision wait
My claim for PIP was subject to a paper-based assessment six weeks ago and I’ve since received the assessor’s recommendation.

My carer contacted the DWP this morning to see where my claim was up to. To my surprise, having read of long waits by other forum users, a decision was made in the last day or so. The details were not yet on the call-handlers screen. My carer was advised that I ought to here “soon”.

About how longer does it take for a decision letter to reach the claimant?

Thanks,

Mari W

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #240375 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MW: DLA-PIP: post-decision wait
MariW

Decision letters often take ten days or even longer to be received counting from when the Decision is actually entered into the computer system.

If the call operator was unable to tell you the result then this would be because the Decision Letter has not yet been printed

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.