× Members

MariW: DLA-PIP decision is here!

More
4 years 4 months ago #240776 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic MariW: DLA-PIP decision is here!
My DLA-PIP decision letter arrived yesterday, following a paper-based assessment seven weeks ago.

I have been awarded the enhanced rates for both the daily living and mobility components for an ongoing period. For both components I scored more points than I expected. In fact, I scored highly for a question that I was uncertain whether to answer. On the other hand, there were a couple of questions for which I thought I’d score 2 points but didn’t get anything. Overall, I believe the nurse that carried out the paper assessment read most if not all the material submitted and applied the highest descriptor she considered possible.

Although the award in the only sensible outcome, I know I would not have received it without the literature available through my subscription to B & W, the clear information regarding descriptors on the website itself, and the wonderful advice from Gordon and the whole team of forum modulators (old and new) have given me and other claimants. A huge “Thank you!”

The payment dates look a little odd but I cannot bring myself to worry about that right now. I’m delighted but still feel battered by it all.

Mari
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #240778 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic MariW: DLA-PIP decision is here!
Hi MariW

So pleased to hear your good news, that the letter finally arrived. Congratulations on your PIP enhanced award.

Glad you found the literature and Gordon's help so valuable.

BIS

Tags: @PIP @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
4 years 4 months ago #240779 by MariW
My thanks are to you as well, BIS :)

M x

More
4 years 4 months ago #240783 by suffolkgirl
Replied by suffolkgirl on topic MariW: DLA-PIP decision is here!
So pleased for you MariW. My decision letter will be arriving soon too as I received a letter saying that they have all the information they need to make a decision on the 13th November. I had my ftf on the 18th October, she was a nurse and it was a home visit. Although my husband was with me, I was still a wreck and broke down a few times. She was pleasant enough but I am dreading the outcome as I look back on some of the things she said, I wonder whether I should have handled it a bit better - God help me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
4 years 4 months ago #240792 by MariW
Good evening SuffolkGirl,

Thank you for your very kind words.

I very much hope that you get the right decision. Not knowing when that brown envelope is going to plop through the letterbox takes its toll on both claiments and carers. For what it's worth there were four weeks between the date on the DWP letter that said they had adequate information and the date of the decision letter.

Mari x

More
4 years 4 months ago #240800 by Esme999
Replied by Esme999 on topic MariW: DLA-PIP decision is here!
Suffolk Girl and MariW did either of you request a copy of your Assessment report? Whereby the descriptor boxes ticked gave you an idea of a possible award thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.