× Members

ESA50 FORM RECIEVED TO FILL OUT

More
4 years 7 months ago #236069 by shrinathji
ESA50 FORM RECIEVED TO FILL OUT was created by shrinathji
Hello,

My husband has been lucky enough to be put in the S/G in 2013 when he was last assessed for ESA, with the help of the mods and the fantastic guides on this site. He was supposed to be reassessed in June 2016, but have now received a Capability of Work Questionnaire for him to fill out.

In 2013, he was under the care of quite a few consultants due to his many disabilities, however, fast forward to now, he has been discharged from the consultants a couple of years ago and back to the care of the GP as they had done all they could for his ongoing problems.

My question is that he has many old reports out lining all his problems and treatments etc, but no recent reports as he has been discharged.

GP, is willing to give a thorough report outlining all his problems, will this be enough?

Should I send the old reports as although they may be out of date, but at least they prove that he has been diagnosed with particular conditions.

All advise is welcome.

Thanks
R
The following user(s) said Thank You: mage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236076 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA50 FORM RECIEVED TO FILL OUT
Hi Radhika

It's great that your GP is willing to write a report, and if it is a comprehensive one, then it will probably be enough, but I know if I was filling it in, I would still include any other letters that are relevant, especially because they will show the fact that your husband has long-standing problems.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mage

More
4 years 7 months ago #236116 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic ESA50 FORM RECIEVED TO FILL OUT
Thank you. your reply definitely confirms what I was thinking.

Can I download the form and fill it out? or do I have to fill out the one they sent?

Lastly, My husband was assessed for PIP in March 2017 and was awarded enhanced rate for mobility and was awarded an indefinite award and scored 12 points for planning a journey and 12 points for moving around. This overlaps the ESA questions on moving around and going out.
I was thinking of adding the PIP assessment report with this part to show that he has been assessed and had scored maximum points.

I won't tick any boxes as I am aware that ESA has a minimum of 50 metres and PIP has less, do you think the assessor will take this into consideration?

Many Thanks
R

More
4 years 7 months ago #236121 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA50 FORM RECIEVED TO FILL OUT
Hi Radhika

You can download the ESA form - you don't have to use the one they sent you.

As you have pointed out the ESA criteria are slightly different, but it makes absolute sense to attach the PIP assessment report - just make it clear why you have included it in the relevant box. (It should be obvious, but never assume that an assessor will work something out for themselves).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236125 by shrinathji
Thank you so much.

I have a vague memory of someone, maybe on this site, stating that after giving full details of that question, at the at the end of each section they would state that they should be in the support group, giving a brief description as to why.

Has any member done this?

Thanks
R

More
4 years 7 months ago #236126 by shrinathji
Quick question. PIP report is dated March 2017 with an indefinite award. Can I use that or do I have to get an updated one?

Thanks
R

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.