× Members

PIP

More
4 years 7 months ago #236276 by Perdita
PIP was created by Perdita
Please, what do you think about actually referring to the descriptors that i think i meet when describing my problems with each activity? Will assessors be offended as in thinking I am telling them their job?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236282 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP
Hi Cruella

You have to do what you feel is right for you, but if I was an assessor I would find it odd.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
4 years 7 months ago #236284 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP
so what do you think about using terms from the descriptor as in for example 'a simple meal' - it is better to put everything in my own words?

More
4 years 7 months ago #236285 by Perdita
should i use the term opd or my own words?

More
4 years 7 months ago #236289 by Perdita
I am so scared of my PIP being rejected because of an assessor not picking up on things, that I am being tempted to spell it all out, but I guess that brings about different set of risks. I keep wondering why people are not getting the points they deserve, then wondering whether the reliability criteria /rule is being missed by assessors. Then I start wanting to write things like, i cannot do this activity reliably, as I cannot do it in a reasonable time. I am not sure hammering it home is the right thing to do or whether it is needed. What do you think please?

More
4 years 7 months ago #236290 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP
Hi Cruella

I know you want to get it just right, but I cannot tell you what to say. You have to be you.

I'll use myself as an example. I would never say even to a doctor - "I suffer from overwhelming psychological distress, especially when I leave the house" - because that's not how I speak.

I might say. "Every time I try to leave the house, my heart starts thumping, I start to feel sick and I shake. Sometimes I get as far as the door, but I can't even touch the door handle because I start crying and however, hard I try I can't do it."

It's not just that the second example is how I would speak - I have more chance of someone thinking that I experience OPD by describing the distress I feel, rather than using the medical term.

I'm not saying I'm right - it's just my view. That's why I keep saying to you, I cannot tell you what to say.

Be yourself and do what feels right for you. Have faith in yourself. You know yourself better than anyone else. Just talk to that.

Will you get awarded the points you hope for? I have no idea, but you will increase your stress trying to get every last sentence you say absolutely correct.

There is no one who hasn't been through the system that doesn't wish they had said something they missed or wished they hadn't said something they did say. It's good to be prepared but don't tie yourself up in knots.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.