× Members

PIP

More
4 years 8 months ago #236311 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP
OK I will definite;y do some quoting because it brings the doctor's evidence into the matching PIP activity, and it is an insurance that the assessor will see it ,if it is there as well as in the actual separate doctor's letter, Plus the endorsing as you say and thus making a stronger case. Plus sometimes in the doctor's letter, things could be taken the wrong way, but in the right context ie as in quoting within my description of the how I manage/not manage an activity , it will be very clear what the doctor is saying/meaning.
I think I know exactly what I am doing now, and hope my questions and your responses help other forum members. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236872 by Perdita
Do you think the Assessors now know that social support for engaging with people can be a close family member experienced with a claimant's disability?

More
4 years 7 months ago #236873 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

Cruella wrote: Do you think the Assessors now know that social support for engaging with people can be a close family member experienced with a claimant's disability?

From the DWP Assessment guide

"Social support means support from another person trained or experienced in assisting people to engage in social situations, or someone directly experienced in supporting the claimant themselves (for example a family member), who can compensate for limited ability to understand and respond to body language, other social cues and assist social integration.

my emphasis

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236874 by Perdita
Thank you, I am not sure that I tick that box, I was granted a 4 week extension. Today, I gained a further one week extension given my an advisor, who got me to hold whilst he liaised with a DM. When I said I was hoping for an extra two weeks rather than this extra one week, the advisor said there would be extra days allowed for the post - I don't think they would allow extra days for the post. I am going to phone again and check that I have the extra one week granted today (making a total of 5 weeks extension). I am trying to move house in the middle of all this, do you think that it is very unlikely I could get longer than the total five week extension?

More
4 years 7 months ago #236875 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Cruella

You are the first five week extension that we have seen so you are already going boldy....

I would not rely on any further extensions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236876 by Perdita
Yes I thought you would say that.
Back to social support, the DWP guidance does not really match how I am. I need social support to stop me running away from people! I panic in the vicinity of people because of possible germs so cannot engage with them. Does this meet the criteria for needing social support? Or is it more the opd 8 point one?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.