× Members

PIP

More
4 years 7 months ago #236877 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Cruella

Social Support is about providing the claimant with an understanding of what is happening in an interaction between them and another person, for example; someone with ASD may not be able to understand the nuances of a conversation, whether someone is being sarcastic or making a joke.

Your description of your problems does not lend itself to the definition of Social Support unless the person providing the Support is able to help you overcome your fear of contamination but even then you would need to show that they have a specific insight into your issues. Can you do this?

Forgive me but we were talking about this before I took a break from the forum two weeks ago, I realise that it is a manifestation of your conditions but you need to put something down on the form and move on to the next question or even better, get the form returned. Those assessing you will only have so much patience and you risk the matter being taken out of your hands.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #237017 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP
Cruella, I think that if someone cannot help you, even though you are suffering, then you don't qualify for that descriptor. Perhaps someone could help you calm down, but sometimes no-one can help an OCDer. Maybe it counts if they can calm you? Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.