× Members

PIP home assessment advice please

More
4 years 5 months ago #239940 by Jcele52
Replied by Jcele52 on topic PIP home assessment advice please
Thanks Gordon
Would you ring pip again today? I'm really concerned that the report is going to be a load of rubbish. The assessor insisted on speaking to my daughter even though they told me verbally that they wouldnt have to. Would you make a complaint now or wait for the report/decision?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239955 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP home assessment advice please
Hi Jcele52

Yes, I would ring again today, to find out what is happening.

It is up to you, but you may want to resolve the claim before you submit your complaint.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239985 by Jcele52
Hi

Spoke to Pip again today. Got put through to a case officer who said that they had received some information from Capita but no report. She is going to ask them to resend it asap. She expects it to be received by them within the next week or so. She then asked why I needed a copy of the report. I explained the reasons and she said that really I dont need one and just to wait for the decision.

Thanks

More
4 years 5 months ago #239989 by BIS
Hi Jcele52

I'm glad you got through to them. You had no need to give the case officer any reason why you wanted the report. Everyone is entitled to a copy of their report - so if you want it - ring in another week for it. Telling you it will be loaded up in a week or so isn't good enough.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jcele52

More
4 years 5 months ago #240291 by Jcele52
Hi
Finally received a copy of my daughters report today. It looks like she has scored enough points to get enhanced for both living and mobility. However, there are some areas that she has scored no points when I felt that she should. For example, the assessor said that my daughter needs prompting to prepare and cook a simple meal. He said that she could understand when food is cooked. He has ignored the fact that she cant prepare a meal from scratch, cant use the oven or hob and isnt safe to do so. She can only get herself cereal.
He has also said that she has no toileting needs, even though she urinates in bottles because she is too scared to leave her room.
Should I write to the decision maker to explain further about these points?

Also at the end of the report, it states the claimant has a mental, intellectual or cognitive impairment and may need additional support to comply with future claim processes. The assessor has ticked no. I am my daughters appointee and he has commented throughout the report about her poor cognition. Should I mention this also?

Sorry for the long post

Thanks for any help

More
4 years 5 months ago #240295 by BIS
Hi Jcele52

Only you can decide whether you want to write to the decision maker. Many people find even when they get enhanced awards there are things in their rmedical reports which are inaccurate, but they leave it because they are satisfied with the outcome. Some people worry, that if they have not challenged the report it will have a detrimental effect next time they are assessed - but there is no evidence of this happening.

I cannot say what you should do - you have to do what you feel is right.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jcele52

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.