× Members

PIP home assessment advice please

More
4 years 3 months ago #242298 by Jcele52
Replied by Jcele52 on topic PIP home assessment advice please
Finally received a decision today. My daughter got enhanced for both. The dates are wrong on the letter (pip starts october 2022!) and the decision maker has ignored what the assessor said for question 7 communication and the reading question. The assessor scored my daughter 6 points for communication and 4 for reading. I telephoned the pip helpline and they asked the decision maker to call me. He rang back the same day and said that because my daughter had sat some gcses she cant score points for reading. Also, you can only score points on the communication question if you cant speak at all. He said that communication is covered under question 9 now. I said that this was not how I understood question 7 but he said that is how it is now. I asked why the assessor had scored my daughter points for it and he said he didnt know. He then said that he could pass it for a different decision maker to look at if I wanted to. I told him that I was happy with the decision - I just wanted it noted that I disagreed with the points being removed.

Sorry for the long winded post!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #242300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP home assessment advice please
Jcele

Many congratulations on the award for your daughter, well done.

Activity 7 is about the physical activity of seeing talking and hearing, so your daughter would need to be mute or deaf to score. Activity 9 is about the act of communicating with someone else is a social situation, someone who scores for (7) should expect to also score for (9) but the reverse is not true.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jcele52

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.