× Members

PIP home assessment advice please

More
4 years 6 months ago #238995 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP home assessment advice please
Hi Jcele52

I'm afraid this doesn't surprise me even after all your efforts. It's up to you whether you want to complain. The first thing I would do is on Monday ring up for a copy of the assessment report, because then at least you'll have an idea of what the assessor has written. Because at the moment the most important thing is the claim. You can complain at any time,

If when you get the assessment report and you think you are not going to get the award you hoped for, you have a very small window in which to write to the Decision Maker to contradict any points you wish to disagree with. It would also be the time to send a copy of your letter, and say that you believe your daughter has been unfairly disadvantaged/ The assessor did the right thing in offering another date, but you should explain as you have done above the reasons for not accepting this.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239020 by Jcele52
Replied by Jcele52 on topic PIP home assessment advice please
Thanks so much for that.
The assessor kept asking about my daughters social life - she doesnt leave the house. He then kept asking about when she goes out and I kept reiterating that she doesnt go out. He seemed to want to trip me up! My daughter doesnt leave the house at all. She missed the last 2 years of school. Her anxiety is debilitating.
He focussed a lot on her gcse results - which she sat at home with a prompter and extra time. She managed to get 5 passes. The assessor was very interested in this.

He also asked if she could walk the length of a football pitch. I asked how long that was but confirmed that she wouldnt be able to walk it due to fatigue and pain.

I just felt that the whole assessment was spent trying to discount my daughters conditions and how they affect her life. I was really upset after the assessor had left.

Thanks again for your help.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239166 by Jcele52
Spoke to DWP this afternoon and the report is not back yet from Capita. She said it was still showing as being with the assessment provider. She also confirmed that they cant send out the report until they have received the postal copy. Is this right?

She also said that the assessor should not have spoken to my daughter at all. The assessor should have spoken to me as her appointee. I said that the assessor said if he couldn't see my daughter he would leave and we would have to rebook which could take a month or more. She suggested that I ring Capita.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239180 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP home assessment advice please
Jcele

Yes, the report is initially filed electronically but they need the paper version to copy it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239910 by Jcele52
Hi

Phoned PIP again today and the report has still not been received. They advised me to ring Capita, whi confirmed that the report was sent on 21st October. I've just contacted PIP again and they said that my daughters case is with a decision maker but that the report has definitely not been received. They advised to ring back in a week. I now have no idea what is happening. Is it normal for a case to go to a decision maker before the report has been received?

Thanks

More
4 years 5 months ago #239923 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP home assessment advice please
Jcele

I can't see how they can make a Decision without the assessment report!, the DM is not medically trained and if your limitations were so significant that the DM felt they could make a Decision without further advice then they would not have sent you for assessment in the first place.

My best guess is that the DM does actually have the report and it is the computer system that is at fault or the report has not been logged properly,

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jcele52

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.