× Members

PIP assessor walked out!

More
4 years 2 months ago #243350 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic PIP assessor walked out!
I did speak to the DWP today, and the woman said that they will look at everything including claim etcs. Prolly just trying to cheer me up, I guess. Also that it would take up to 12 weeks! Which I believe. I do have some new evidence that (along with the rest) shows that one of the statements made by the MP is *ahem* factually incorrect. It seems like I've got time to send it to the DWP, it might sway opinion? I have no idea what my chances are, I'm terrified tbh. Is it worth trying to disprove opinion, or will it muddy the waters?

I mean, even in the report, the assessor says that I was "being difficult" and this was because I didn't look her in the eye! I mean, I guess I could hear which direction her eyeballs were in or something, but they don't give you super-hearing as a default when you go blind. You just get the superpower of falling over stuff! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243355 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessor walked out!
D

If you think it will help then send it but be aware the DM is not medically trained and they are not going to ask the assessor for comment so the content needs to be fairly obvious.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

More
4 years 2 months ago #243360 by annie-rose
Replied by annie-rose on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Would it help to ask for your local MP to complain to the DWP?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

More
4 years 2 months ago #243363 by Dan Statham
G

Yeah, thanks, I'll keep it brief and quickly outline the reason & evidence why one thing the MP said was physically impossible. I don't know if just proving one thing they said as untrustworthy will give the DM pause for thought about everything else. Feels like everything is stacked against me atm, evidence means nothing. I might underline the contradictions as well, try to keep it to one page.

Do you have any statistics about whether this is a common "tactic" to say people aren't complying? Feels like an easy "win" for the DWP et al, just a MR between my not being able to support myself. Is it true that MPs receive bonuses for "failing" people? I always figured it was just a rumour, but now I'm not so sure. It was right before christmas, after all, the time when hearts are most hard!

More
4 years 2 months ago #243367 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Hi Dan

There are no statistics that I am aware that state claimants have 'not complied'. The rumour that bonuses are received by the assessors for 'failing' claimants is not something we are able to verify.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243413 by Dan Statham
BIS

It does seem like it was planned, in retrospect - a successful template almost. In the end the MP just made up stuff for the report, which I can't disprove except for the one point which I had evidence for. Even then, I don't know whether anyone will think it makes much difference. Are there any stats for MR, how many are overturned?

I would warn people to have an advocate or rehab worker with them in these assessments, and to ask consent to record the assessment at minimum. Something to be aware of for anyone (including moderators et al) here, it's an easy way for the assessors to skirt around evidence, existing law, pesky things like tribunals etcs.

Would it help to ask for your local MP to complain to the DWP?

Yeah, I complained to my MP about various issues with IAS already. I'm still waiting for a response for this latest wrinkle, her assistant said that she could put some pressure on or something. I hope to have better luck with the DWP than I have had with IAS / ATOS, but who knows? Thanks for the advice, nice to know someone cares!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.