× Members

PIP assessor walked out!

More
4 years 2 months ago #243419 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessor walked out!
D

We probably have two or three reports of failing to comply every year although most are a lot more clear cut than yours.

Assessors are paid per assessment that they do there is no bonus paid for ensuring that the report is a negative one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243580 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic PIP assessor walked out!
It did seem like the assessor wanted to get to the next appointment, rushed through and seemed angry when I was trying to answer more fully. I guess we all can feel desperate at times; dunno if it means trampling on others is ok tho.

Anyway, I got another wrinkle today, I received another ESA (50) form to fill in, for some reason. Last one was just a year ago, was put in the support group, on paper. I didn't think it was "time sensitive", nothing like a duration was mentioned. I'm just worried that the reason behind it was they maybe need to send out another questionairre before cutting off different premiums (ie) SDP etcs. Which I get, still. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. I'm not sure tho, what this means otherwise? If I don't get the premiums, jumping off that bridge is looking like the only way out, rly.

Oh well, at least my counsellor (sight) said that I might qualify for food bank assistance already!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #243582 by Gordon
Dan

ESA claims can be reassessed anywhere from three months after a Decision to two years for the WRAG and three for the SG.

The SD Premium is dependant on your having a DLA MRC or HRC award or a PIP Daily Living one (there are others). The Enhanced Premium is dependant on your being in the SG or having a DLA HRC or a PIP Enhanced Daily Living award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243584 by Dan Statham
Thanks G.

I was on MRC with DLA, didn't get anything for mobility. All my friends (with same issues) said I should be on enhanced for both, but it's taken so long anyway!

So, will I lose the SDP if my MR isn't overturned? Or do I get it until appeal / tribunal? Cos I'm rly fubar'd without it! 8o I can rly understand how that guy starved to death, how catch-22 and detached from humanity and sense it all is. All of a sudden. Feels a bit like the walls are closing in. I guess that's the idea tho!

More
4 years 2 months ago #243587 by Gordon
Dan

I'm afraid you will lose it.

Gordon

More
4 years 2 months ago #243853 by Dan Statham
I should be able to get some more (medical) evidence tomorrow, disproving one of the things (lies) made up by the assessor. The assessor also said (another lie) that I'd said that "I would only be reading from my PIP form" in response to their questions. I'd said I wanted to refer to it, because I had problems with my memory. I just wondered if it was worth making more of this: can you be considered not to comply, if you were to do that - just read out what was on the claim form? I mean, it would be good to use the assessors words against them, I guess it contains all the descriptors?

I mean it is farcical to have said that, my conditions had deteriorated since then, it would make no sense to make out I was better off than I actually was, but still? Also, should I refer to lies, or (what I've been doing) use euphemisms (falsehoods? mistakes?) I try to be neutral, but have no idea if expressing the anger I feel is a good idea or not...

I got a reply from my MP, apparently speaking to the liaison at the DWP. Probably too little, too late, but I hope something comes from it. I have no idea if I'll be able to get the evidence to the DWP on time, either. Still feeling stressed but a bit more hopeful.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.