× Members

PIP assessor walked out!

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #250431 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Dan

The Assessment Providers are required by contract to provide an assessment report that is representative of the claimant's problems unless overridden by the DWP, they need to decide what is the best way of them providing that report.

The pandemic has confused the issue by introducing telephone assessments but before this Paper Based Reviews amounted to less than 5% of all assessments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250437 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Hi, I have yet to see it as daughter only got a text on Monday but it appears they have done her assessment on paper after all. [My making lots of fuss and paying GP for a letter].
The GP letter said that both telephone and F2F assessments would cause her stress and anxiety, for which she has had medication for a long time, and to please do a paper one. It appears they have taken notice, guarded smile...So if your GP is willing to write this may be the key to getting a paper based assessment, the ideal phrase is "overwhelming psychological distress" -unless perhaps in your case they can justify it somehow on the grounds of the difficulties your visual impairment would cause in you dealing with F2F or phone. Somebody's got to be the less-than-5% and let's try to push it up, eh?
Best, Denby

More
3 years 7 months ago #250441 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Hi denby

The phrase is "overwhelming psychological distress" is the important bit when receiving a supporting letter from your doctor or any other health professional.

Lets hope you get the results you are looking for ..... fingers crossed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Dan Statham

More
3 years 6 months ago #251115 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic PIP assessor walked out!
I have received a letter from IAS / ATOS, saying that they will graciously deign to give me a telephone assessment. So, that's a thing. I have not heard anything further; it came pretty soon after the decision by the DWP. It seems like they (ATOS) are still rly focused on f2f interviews, which is bad for our health.

I received a letter from DWP (ESA) about a telephone interview (again) which didn't even bother to say which benefit it was about anywhere! It wasn't in a readable / accessible format. And turned out to be a mistake, but gave me a weekend of stress. I was lucky that I knew (purely from the address it came from) that it was prolly about ESA. I wasn't given a week (more like it came on Saturday, for an interview on Tuesday) so I called them today and they cancelled it. Probably? Maybe? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paper Based Reviews amounted to less than 5% of all assessments.

I can believe it. It seems like hard facts are an inconvenience. I'll try to get an appointment with my GP (I haven't seen him / them beyond a "hello", despite over a year at my current practice) but I reckon it (f2f / telephone reviews) causes severe distress. I'll try to get back into all my clinics, but they keep cancelling. My eye clinic appt is in Oct. But will likely be cancelled. I'm stressed by all the things that have fallen apart, without support. And by the thought of going to the (always packed) eye clinic.

I'll try tomorrow to get access to a flu jab and to ask my diabetic nurse to sign off on the "psychological distress" at the same time, even if it means paying for it. Weird how true it is, now that I've been through the ringer with PIP! I have no idea what (if anything) is legal, it all seems like constant threats by the DWP?

Anyway, thanks for the support. I'll try to remember to ask for autism test/support. I hope you have had some good news with your daughter and/or partner, denby!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, denby

More
3 years 6 months ago #251119 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Hi, if there is any facility with your GP to email them -ours have introduced e-consult in the last few weeks- why not email your request for the autism assessment now, so you don't forget. Problems remembering the right things verbally at the right time especially under stress is an issue for some on the spectrum and if that's you, well it's not your fault, is it? so work around with as many emails as it takes to make all the points before you see the GP. then they can work through the list when you do.
Got subtly quite dodgy report for daughter, sent carefully composed rebuttal pointing to EVIDENCE we already submitted for each point, they got it last Monday, now waiting and praying.
Good luck
Denby

More
3 years 5 months ago #251971 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Good luck, denby, it's always worth fighting. I'll keep my fingers crossed! Let me know if you've heard something?

The DWP are wrong by default nowadays, and they know it. I hope you have some savings, enough to get to a tribunal, still pay for care etcs, just in case? In my case, they caved after a few months, a few days after they got my paperwork from the tribunal, which looked appalling for them! As an aside, make sure all your evidence has high contrast (b&w) because the DWP will photocopy it until it disappears, which seems like a deliberate ploy!

Anyway, I got a letter from the government the other day I opened and read it, it said they were suckers /quote

Well, I got a letter from ATOS today, saying that I have a telephone assessment on the 15th Oct in the afternoon (this Thurs) I also got another letter from them saying the same day, in the morning (typical ATOS bs).

I guess I wasn't given enough time, and I could appeal? But if I rearrange, I know that they'll likely say it's already been rearranged. Or else I'll lose the chance to. It's a good time, so I'll likely accept it. Also, wanna get it over with.

I dunno if I'm creating problems for someone else, or whether I should always fight this kinda stuff on principle? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, is it possible to pre-arrange an MR? I mean, can I write to the DWP saying "unless I get enhanced (PIP) for both, then I want an MR & will appeal to a tribunal"? I mean, everyone (with the same conditions as me) tells me that's what I should be on, what I'm entitled to. Also online tests etcs.

System keeps logging me out as I'm typing! Is there any way to change the supposed "idle" time?

why not email your request for the autism assessment now, so you don't forget

Yeah, I've tried to get an appointment to see someone at my GP surgery, but it was a struggle to get a flu jab & blood test (20th) which is now more pressing, evidence for a likely MR.

My diabetic nurse will be calling back, cos she's so, so busy.

My GP? It's likely impossible this year, I think they said, still haven't seen him. I'll try hassling them by phone, it takes about 4/5 tries to "find" me on their system =( emails just go nowhere.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.