× Members

PIP assessor walked out!

More
3 years 5 months ago #252855 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Hi Dan

Yes, it is normal procedure for the assessment to be sent directly back to the DWP

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252953 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Thanks, that's cool. I got some good news about ESA, they said it was valid until 2022 now, so I guess I just got standard extension. I'll try to get the lifetime award, but that's for another day.

I would update the advice to anyone getting this "bug" kinda call about ESA now (saying that you need to get an assessment before the award is due to end) to keep battling to kick it back to the DWP, because they (DWP / assesment local) say it's a mistake because of covid. Although the DWP (main 0800) won't admit to or call it that!

More
3 years 5 months ago #252955 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Dan

You should wait for the Decision Letter before you get the champagne out but it sounds as if congratulations are in order, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #253602 by Dan Statham
Hi,

I've got my report back. Here's what the assessor says for each:

Moving around:
b) can move 50 but not more than 200... (!)

Plan & follow:
f) cannot follow route blah blah

Budgeting decisions
a) can manage ok (!)

Engaging w/ others
b) Needs prompting (?)

8 Reading and understanding
e) cannot read & understand at all

9 communicating verbally
a) no problems (!)

5 managing toilet needs
a) no problems (!)

6 dress & undress
a) no problems (!)

4 washing
b) needs aid and appliance (! see 6!)

3 managing therapy
b) needs any one or more of...

2 Taking nutrition
b) needs aid etcs...

1 preparing food
e) needs supervision (! compare 2345)

I dunno what points I get for this?

More
3 years 4 months ago #253607 by Dan Statham
I got the assessor's report back. I just used your guide to calculate the points for both and it seems like I got 16 points for mobility and 19 points for daily living. Do the DWP have to take the assessor's word, or can they dismiss it if they wish? (I've just had soooo many times where the DWP flips on something!) I can't quite believe that I even got 12 points for both (despite so many "0 points for..." ) and (hopefully?) I don't have to argue anymore! It's such a weird feeling! I want to celebrate but I still don't believe it yet...? Also - who df am I gonna even celebrate with! Also, where? :D

Oh yeah, thanks a lot for you help Gordon, and good luck with your "retirement" from what must be a stressful job. Same goes for everyone who has posted here, especially denby and BIS xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 years 4 months ago #253635 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Dan

The DM makes the Decision and does not have to follow the recommendation of the assessor but it would be unusual for them not to.

They do half bottles of Champagne or even two glass ones :)

Thank you for your thoughts about me leaving.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.