× Members

PIP assessor walked out!

More
3 years 6 months ago #252438 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Dan

All ESA awards are indefinite with scheduled reassessment, in some cases, providing the claimant meets certain criteria the requirement for future assessment can be removed but this will require you to have a significant level of disability.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252477 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic PIP assessor walked out!

will require you to have a significant level of disability

Yeah, I think she meant that she'd never seen anyone get that award, so she didn't know the kind of disability / condition that would warrant it. I dunno if you have any idea?

It feels like something is quite broken w/ ESA, not just the usual DWP shenannigans. Ditto my local hospital, apparently pathology is done for, so no test results for a while; hope it's nothing too serious. It's also another super-secret, apparently; nurse was close to tears today and I wanted to hug her. Hopefully none of her friends are affected by sars-cov2.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252492 by Gordon
Dan

The guidance is on the following and the links that it contains.

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2017/oct...assessment-published

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252792 by Dan Statham
I've just had my first completed assessment, it seemed ok. About an hour and a half. It's difficult to know how it went; if I was guessing, I'd say that she was trying to find some way to dismiss the enhanced parts of mobility, which seemed to be the focus. She got frustrated at one point and said "do you expect me to believe that you can't remember xyz!", and I said that was one of the problems I had. Even after I took your advice and said that "I'd be referring to my PIP2 form, so don't make any assumptions about my memory problems"!

Anyway, this turned into "are you diagnosed with... xyz?" And I said that my diabetic nurse was worried that I'd had a stroke etcs, but nothing had been investigated. I obviously forgot to mention about autism.

She did seem to know a lot about diabetes, other than that, but not very much about visual impairment and my other issues, so I don't know if that was part of it, I'm guessing she's a diabetic nurse.

Anyway, I mean the path lab at the hospital is broken atm, so I can't get any test results, so it's going to be difficult to overturn this with new evidence.

I'll try to put the audio recording thru a text translator, so I can go into detail. I'll try to prepare in advance. I'm likely not going to get a good outcome, the tone didn't hit quite right; a bit dismissive. Just browsing over the descriptors as she went, it seems a lot was missed out. She also seemed to want to cut things short when I told her I was struggling. To speed it up, I offered to go over what I thought they (descriptor yes/no) should be, but was given short shrift! The assessor wasn't very kind, just matter-of-fact; the questions seemed to be as much about me trying to calculate things, trip me up.

There was no real questions about half the difficulties / disabilities I have, so I dunno if it was taken as read, or dismissed? Just seemed to pluck 2 or 3 of the PIP2 sections, and dive into great confusing depth - is this the usual way of things?

More
3 years 5 months ago #252805 by Gordon
Dan

There's a list of the questions we would expect a claimant to be asked in the PIP Claim guide, have a look to see how closely yours matched.

Gordon

More
3 years 5 months ago #252822 by Dan Statham
Yeah, sorry if this is covered by the descriptors form that you provide, I tried to match that up as I was being assessed, but it didn't bear much relation. I'll go through it when I get the translation done.

I asked her if she would be handing the report to a manager / other HCP or sending the assessment straight to the DWP. She said that it would be sent directly. Is this even allowed? I thought it was routine / required to be edited? I hope it's possible...

I'm a bit concerned that the report will be redacted, I did try to explain fully, but I hope that when I agreed with some things (that I prolly shouldn't have) saying "yes, but I need xyz adaptation" - this could be easily spun. I did forget a lot of things, too. Oh well, I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.