Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members

TOPIC:

PIP assessor walked out! 2 months 15 hours ago #253796

Hi DS

Hope you get everything sorted out.

Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

PIP assessor walked out! 2 months 14 hours ago #253800

Yeah, I think I did. The DWP were supposed to call back but didn't. I'm just lucky I kept the direct number (01634) for the assessor & that I know them quite well now! :Dso they sorted it out in half an hour and put me through on paper. Cancelled assessment. I'd encourage anyone to keep the direct dial number (local) for the assessor, if they give it. Generally calling an 0800 number is a disaster!

They didn't say it was a mistake, again, but Mark rolled his eyes at everything. Me too. I have no idea how much (if any?) of the DWP sleeps at night, or whether they appreciate that it even causes people stress to be continually bombarded with WCA garbage! Or care. The woman at the DWP seemed to think Priti Patel of all people was a role model, same entitled, sneering smirk throughout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

PIP assessor walked out! 2 weeks 1 day ago #254488

It was amazing, this winter, that the DWP literally tried to eek out the last little scraps of (mid-rate) DLA before transferring me to (enhanced) PIP. Meaningless to their gigantic budget. I rly should've sent that "passive-aggressive" letter!

I only called (just off the cuff) because the decision-making was taking so long. But they had (according to the guy on the phone) deleted my claim (!) and extended my DLA! He seemed aghast, and tried to fix it that day. I think I missed out on some PIP, but I don't know how to narrow down when the decision was made, cos the DWP don't seem to know. Or care.

Anyway, I finally got a letter confirming my new Enhanced / Enhanced PIP a few days ago. And then a letter saying that my DLA had been extended, a few days later. Because, of course.

I might write a general guide to claiming PIP, if that's ok, maybe you can pin it? It's basically all the things I'd wish I'd known before I made my claim, that weren't in your guides. I'll try to keep the sarcasm at bay. I make no promises >____>

The one thing I rly noticed that everyone should watch out for is that pain is considered a non-event. Unless you take pain-killers, it is completely discounted. If you have intermittent pain (cramps), then it doesn't officially exist, it seems. I was just lucky that this didn't affect my claim. I'd advise everyone to get a presciption for painkillers, even if you don't "need" them.

Anyway, total success finally (!) for both PIP (which is reviewed after 10 years / unlimited or w/e) and ESA (3 years). Thanks a lot, guys, for all the advice and help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

PIP assessor walked out! 2 weeks 14 hours ago #254529

Hi Dan Statham

Congratulations on getting your enhanced PIP award after such a long and hard fight. Good to hear.

Regarding writing a guide. It's unlikely anything will be accepted that hasn't been written by a B&W insider, but you may want to write in with a list of things you think should be included in an updated guide to see if they will add your suggestions. For instance - we couldn't endorse anyone getting painkillers that they don't "need" so they have them for a PIP claim because that could be viewed as being fraudulent. Having said that, its good to hear about people's experiences and see if there are common gaps in our guides.

BIS

Tags: @SUCCESS @PIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Dan Statham

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GaryBISCatherine