× Members

PIP assessor walked out!

More
3 years 4 months ago #253664 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Thanks Gordon, you're a gem. I consitently asked stupid questions here, that were answered already in the guides and mostly used this topic to remind me what I had to do, as much as ask for help! Despite my continued ridiculousness, you all showed extraordinary patience with me, and that is so appreciated! I just hope it all goes smoothly from now on. I might be the only person who is looking forward to the brown envelope! Most of my feelings are just a long exhalation of relief.

It's really bizarre, looking at my assessment "results", how much of the report doesn't stack up with my lived reality. I scored zero points for most of the things I had most difficulty with. I rly feel for Graham, cos it still seems that having intolerable pain is something we're supposed to shrug off. I was just lucky it didn't come down to life being ("merely") intolerably painful. Just a scandal AFAIC.

I wrote (again) to my (tory) MP who is vehemently anti anything social or helpful. I tried to be nice, but I was rly in campaigning mode. I hope I had some influence. I doubt it. I did try to shame her: that Scotland (omg) is leading the way on disability, rights, kindness and fairness. I prolly should've just said it costs a lot less to do things w/o stupid, humiliating assessments!

Anyway, thanks everyone! I'm rly just relieved and exhausted, mostly relieved! sry if it doesn't come across! I just hope that everyone fights until the end - the threat of a tribunal is rly the only thing that moves the DWP, so don't give up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, denby, Nicol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #253702 by Dan Statham
I tried to call the DWP about a decision today but they gave me some surprising news. The guy was trying to say that I won't get my PIP backdated to the start of my claim (end of 2018 ish) because I was on DLA? He started saying about "run offs" of a month, and something. My counsellor Ian said that it would be backdated - I assume it was, for him. He's was in the same position as me, same sort of conditions. Have things changed since last year?

I was receiving (only) middle-rate care on DLA, but (hopefully) enhanced for both on PIP. Should I get this (difference) backdated? I was told I can't receive "concurrent" payments, but I thought that PIP replaced DLA?

I hope it was just gaslighting; guy sounded like he was proud of himself and he put me on speakerphone for teh lulz.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #253708 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Hi DS

Date of award : If you get a decision to award PIP, entitlement to DLA ends four weeks after the next DLA pay day and the PIP award will begin on the following day. So if the decision is just after your pay day, the PIP award may not start for almost 8 weeks. Unfortunately, this will be the case even if the PIP award has resulted in an increase in your entitlement (unless you asked for your claim to be re-assessed under special rules for terminal illness.

If your PIP claim is turned down, DLA entitlement will still run on for four weeks after your next DLA pay day. (PIP(TP) Regs, reg17).

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

More
3 years 4 months ago #253789 by Dan Statham
I've just got a txt from "myPIP" saying I've got another assessment on 2/12/2020! OMG. What gives! Can they even do this? What, was the original assessment too accurate or something!?

I'm calling the DWP, but I just hope it's a mistake.

Also, can you get a lifetime PIP award, it seems like it's either 3 or 10 years?

More
3 years 4 months ago #253791 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP assessor walked out!
Hi Dan

I hope you get a satisfactory answer from the DWP regarding another assessment.

There is no such thing as a lifetime award for PIP regardless of condition. The longest is an ongoing award which they expect to be 10 years. Award lengths overall have got shorter, and many are being awarded three years, but some people are being awarded two and some six.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

More
3 years 4 months ago #253795 by Dan Statham
Turns out it was from ESA, despite their saying it was all "sorted out, for defo, no takebacks, promise" until 2023! They haven't cancelled it either, I might talk to the provider later. Someone is apparently going to call me at some unspecified time for an unspecified reason! I hope it's to sort out this nonsense once and for all. Again. Feels for real that they just want to stress out disabled ppl until they give in or die; a feature of the lovely system, not a bug.

It's so annoying that everything always comes through as myPIP, even though there are two different systems and two different providers. I guess I should've realised the pattern, that ESA (for some reason) wigs out after anything to do with PIP or assessments? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.