× Members

ESA-too distressed to attend assessment

More
3 years 6 months ago #251246 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA-too distressed to attend assessment
Hi Lianna

As far as I'm aware assessments are only being done on the phone, so I would be very surprised if you were asked to attend. Wait and see if you receive a letter, but if you just ignore it, then you risk losing your benefit.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #251262 by denby
Replied by denby on topic ESA-too distressed to attend assessment
At one point a few weeks back our daughter, who later got a paper based assessment, was sent a similar sounding letter saying she would have to attend a F2F and the appointment would follow. It was after that I managed to get the crucial Drs letter so I don't know if they ever would have sent an appointment. Another claimant-frightening waste of time and postage by DWP.

More
2 years 10 months ago #259452 by lianna
Replied by lianna on topic ESA-too distressed to attend assessment
Things have got crazy. THey do not have my number but have booked me for a telephone assessment on Thursday!!!!! I will be contacting my doctor first thing.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.