× Members

Pip review after extension due to cv

More
3 years 1 month ago #256290 by Vassangel
Pip review after extension due to cv was created by Vassangel
Hi I posted by mistake in news section !
My pip was extended from oct due to cv till jan 22. Yest received the brown envelope asking me to complete review form .. I have a biopsy Monday for new issue and the whole thing caused me severe anxiety attacks . The letter dated 11 feb only got it yest and needs to be replied completed by the 11/3 or my pip will stop !
I tried calling dwp two times over two hours wait tital no reply . Any advice on what to do ? I cannot think straight my main consultant passed on too.. Any info guidance on these reviews no change add more be grateful for anything ..
blessings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256302 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip review after extension due to cv
Hello Vass,

I am sorry to hear that PIP admin has hit at such a bad time. I hope that the eventual outcome of your biopsy is everything you could wish.

In my experience PIP do always eventually answer the phone but you can have to hold for well over an hour. I just put the phone on speaker phone and get on with something whilst it plays music to me.

An alternative is to write to them and request an extension but then you would not have the probable reassurance for ages, probably until you had actually completed the review form on the assumption that you might not be given it!

We have quite a lot of guidance in the Guide to PIP claims and reviews starting at page 104.

If I understand you correctly you say that there is no change, but you also mention going for a biopsy for a new thing. Make sure that you record this on your review form, even if you don’t yet have a formal diagnosis. That way you can ask for the impact that this may have on your daily living and mobility to be considered.

Hope this helps a little, and I wish you all the best tomorrow,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 1 month ago #256539 by Vassangel
Replied by Vassangel on topic Pip review after extension due to cv
Catherine deeply grateful for your reply and best wishes . My biopsy was not pleasant process and been chronically fatigued since ..
your reply brought hope to me and I thank you so much . I will def do my best and I will add this new issue as suggested .

Best wishes to you also and God bless you

More
3 years 1 month ago #256543 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip review after extension due to cv
Thank you Vass.

I had not appreciated how invasive your biopsy was going to be. If you have not already communicated with the DWP do tell them that you are currently out of action. Although I have many a complaint about them as a body, individually the people you speak to are generally really human and do their best to be helpful.

Take care,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 1 month ago #256564 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic Pip review after extension due to cv
Dear Vass
I would just like to suggest that if you do have to contact dwp - for PiP i think they open at 9am
if you ring as near to then as possible the wait time is often far far shorter.
x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catherine

More
3 years 1 month ago #256567 by Vassangel
Replied by Vassangel on topic Pip review after extension due to cv
Thank you so much I will try am tom .
Blessings to you much Grateful
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catherine

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.