× Members

which one?

More
2 years 9 months ago #260109 by sixtysix
Replied by sixtysix on topic which one?
sent off today .So let battle commence:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #260115 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic which one?
Well done sixtysix. May your battle be short and successful!

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixtysix

More
2 years 8 months ago #261702 by sixtysix
So after a few days away I arrived back to find two messages on the answerphone .One wasn't even for me?! I phoned them back and was told [not by the person whom phoned] that i had been award the enhanced rate for daily living but nothing for mobility [even though i was before] when i asked why all he would tell me was it was explained in the letter that was sent to me. He totally refused to read the letter over the phone saying that i might not understand and he would not be able to explain it to me?! So now I need help do i appeal or just stick with what i have? Even though having now received the letter it has usual totally ignores the evidence i gave them?

More
2 years 8 months ago #261728 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic which one?
Hello sixtysix,

Only you can decide if you should appeal, or at least request a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Factors to think about are whether or not you have the energy to fight on, do you think you should have been awarded mobility given the PIP criteria and are you willing to take the very slight risk that they could review your award and decide to decrease it. (That is I stress a very slight risk, not something I have personally come across, and you can always appeal if it happens. But it would remiss of me to not mention it.)

If having considered those factors you are up for it, and since from what you said they ignored evidence you submitted, then you should stand a reasonable chance. Do check out our guides for MR and Appeals.

PIP resources . The links you need are currently just below the picture of Liam and Mark.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 8 months ago #261746 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic which one?
Hi sixtysix

Have a look at our guide on PIP Appeals (which includes Mandatory Reconsiderations). It might help you make up your mind. If you are going to put in for an MR you need to do it within one month of the decision. You should also ring and ask for the assessment report which will give you more details on you were scored.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gary

More
2 years 8 months ago #261772 by sixtysix
phoned and asked for a assessors report and was told there isn't one because their was no assessment made. So can i still make a appeal now or not?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.