× Members

which one?

More
2 years 11 months ago #259720 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic which one?
You are right phrank, although it also applies that if the review results in an increased award you get it sooner.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixtysix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259729 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic which one?
Hi Catherine,

Yes I thought so. I suppose it all balances up in the end.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259795 by sixtysix
Replied by sixtysix on topic which one?
So the next question is should i admit that i have a dog? I know this sounds odd but i have n't told them i have one because of them asking about my mobility let me explain, I take her out early morning [to avoid other people] and when I return the pain in my knee is horrendous then because of this and my depression i don't go out again .I am scared that they will say it proves that i am capable so don't need any help etc. have adaptions in my home provided by the OP Wet room and different appliances around the home. I don't want to lie but i am scared of the consequences of telling the truth.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259796 by Catherine
Hello sixty six,

I can absolutely see where you are coming from on this one. However assessors nearly always ask if you have any pets, so it is likely to come out anyway.

If I was in your position I would disclose it in the form together with an explanation of how whilst you have the issues you do have you are also able to keep a pet. That way you know that the full picture is recorded in the file.

Hope this helps,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #259819 by sixtysix
Replied by sixtysix on topic which one?
Thanks Catherine

She [Tilly] is practically a assistant dog in all but name she helps me with the laundry and if it was not for her i would spend all day in bed maybe i should put that in the diary i plan to send them? The diary seems easier than explaining in letters. I never known what to put into the letters.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #259821 by Catherine
Absolutely sixtysix. Put in all the help either you need or receive, whether the help is given by human or canine friend. So include the fact that you need assistance with the laundry and with encouragement to get up in the morning. I think I would also put something like 'her personality makes her a natural assistance dog'.

Although you say that you find the diary easier, you do write very clear posts here, so don't underestimate your abilities. I see that you won your last PIP award at MR so you know the drill! If you still have that submission you might wish to make sure that everything which was in it is in your current submission (if it still applies).

I wish you success in preparing your submission, and a tasty bone for Tilly ;) She clearly deserves it.
Catherine

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Catherine.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.