× Members

PIP Review Telephone Assessment.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261099 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Thank you Denby, for your understanding & words of support . As the day has progressed I’ve got more upset, but more angry too. It’s just the thought of having to almost ‘start again’ with the facts. I will, because I have to, but it’s a horrendous feeling.

Thank you LL26 for all your pointers. I stupidly did not record the call. (I honestly felt that as my difficulties had advanced & I have more issues now than ever before, it wouldn’t be necessary. This was a review? Although she stated at the outset she would be doing the assessment “from scratch”?
I also felt it would antagonise to request them to record, & not be beneficial to do it myself. I was already a wreck! How wrong was I ? I will never make that mistake again. )
The only slight consolation I have is that as soon as the call finished, I made notes on the most upsetting comments she made, and instances of being ‘closed down’ & led into inaccurate conversations.
I know this isn’t as compelling as a recording which I’m disheartened about as it’s clearly a case of my word against the HCP, and I presume the DWP will be more prone to favour the HCP’s report?
I am going to attempt to get this done by tomorrow, (I feel as though I want to do it through the night, as sleeping is going to be a problem with this hanging over me) but I’ll be clearer headed & not this emotional tomorrow. My Daughter is my help at hand, age 16!
Just to add, i was awarded enhanced care & standard mobility 4 years ago at review & 4 years previous.
The PA4 puts me at 2 points for care & 0 (nil) mobility.
It’s such a stressful, anxious, depressing situation to be in. (& that’s aside from the physical issues?!)
Thank you again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261106 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Hi makinprogress

Unfortunately you are not alone, there is talk that all assessment will be recorded but no details as to when that will come in, when we know we will publish details in our free newsletter.

Now you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and you will now be able to argue against them.

I usually use a highlighter to highlight any inaccuracies, once you have gone through the report you then set out why you are applying for a MR and go through each descriptor one at a time why you disagree with the assessor and try and match it with any supporting documents you may have sent in.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide, half way down the page for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 9 months ago #261108 by elle
Replied by elle on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
i would like to say that i made a big booboo, i totaly forgot to have a friend with me at the phone call. did last time face to face. and they wrap up a lot quicker from experience.

always always always have someone with you because then theres 2 against one, i say it helps because they WILL think twice about bovine droppings the assessment against you, and stress them out by asking all there full details, full name where they worked previously, are they registered, why did they leave last job, were they sacked, there specialty. any thing else you can think of, you have a right to know there competence.

if they dont tell you get your MP to ask for you, do unto them what they do to you.

MP would rather they tell you instead of more work for them complaining on your behalf.

let them swim in your castles moat as they do to us, thinking their at the top of ladder of creation.

they know our castles are made of glass and they through very big stones.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261117 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Makinprogress you are very very welcome. Thanks for honestly posting about not recording the call because you knew your case is good, and regretting it. This will surely save others making the same mistake so you have done some good there. Supporting each other at peaks of stress is a big function of the forum as well as getting questions answered.
I have a giant carrier bag with two cassette recorders got off freecycle, power leads and a load of new cassettes [web order]. Some places have suitcase recording kits made up to loan to claimants.
best wishes with that letter and onwards, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 9 months ago #261174 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Ok, so it’s taken three days (& three sleepless nights) I’m absolutely drained, but I’ve written to the Decision Maker, so I’ll update in due course. I will sleep tonight!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS

More
2 years 9 months ago #261898 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment. Update!
This is an Update & request for advice again !

After writing (in length) to the DM, I received my Pip decision this morning, in a White envelope !
She has ‘changed descriptors’ given my further info and awarded Standard Living -10 points, Zero Mobility - 4 points.
(Prior to this I was on Enhanced Living - 12 points & Standard Mobility -11 points)
This has been awarded until 2025.
So, my award will be half the value it was in £.

I want to do a MR but I have no idea if any more information I could give. I gave it all to the DM.?

It’s so upsetting that when health issues & needs are only increased, how an award can be reduced.
Any advice would be very welcome.? Please?
I feel like I’m ‘half way there’ but don’t know what else I can do to get to where I was & should be ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.