× Members

PIP Review Telephone Assessment.

More
2 years 6 months ago #265152 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Update / Non update 2 -
25/10/21 11 weeks after MR was signed for - still no news ? Very frustrating.
Anyone else in a similar situation ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265174 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Hi Makinprogress

The only way to know what is going on is to ring and ask. It's almost impossible for us to guess these days how long you will have to wait. Some come through quite quickly and some people are waiting three or four months.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 5 months ago #265191 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Still waiting here too - makinprogress.

I did phone and was told MR's were taking 12 weeks, so hopefully if correct - you shouldn't have too much longer to wait.
I'm two weeks behind your wait, but just a handful of weeks away from it being A YEAR since my PIP review form was sent to me.
It really is quite unjust to make sick and disabled people go through a year of emotional turmoil to be awarded a benefit they are entitled to receive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress, denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #265862 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Had a recent phone call from the DWP regarding my MR.

I was told that I will be getting at the very least, what I received before, (standard daily living) and that they will be awarding me the full points in the descriptor that my worst disability fits into and points in other areas too.

I was awarded seven points by the health assessor and only needed one more point to be awarded PIP.

They were also going to award me a ten year award, so I do not have to keep going through the process. Because of my worst disability they would not put me through asking anymore questions.

I was profusely grateful and was told to ring the DWP from Thursday onwards to be told my actual award as the letter wouldn't reach me for a couple of weeks.

However - today, after ringing them, I find I am still only awarded standard daily living and NO mobility and that my award is for less than six years.

I feel i have been cheated.

Why has it changed between my phone call and hearing what I've been awarded today?

More
2 years 5 months ago #265874 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Hi Matey

Only you can answer that question, if you are unhappy with the outcome then your next step is to appeal the decision once you get the decision letter.

If you do decide to appeal the decision I would mention what you were told on the phone prior to getting the decision letter.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.