× Members

PIP Review Telephone Assessment.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261905 by BIS
Hi makinprogress

I'm sorry that you didn't get the award you wanted. All you can do is look at the questions where you didn't score what you expected and argue that it is incorrect and why. Remember you have to speak to the specific PIP criteria. You should also say that you don't understand why they think your medical condition has improved when you have provided evidence that it has deteriorated.

Don't waste time on anything that won't award you extra points.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261911 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment. Update!
Dear makinprogress, so sorry you have become a victim of the statistics. As well as carefully doing everything BIS says, remember this: Your information was almost certainly not lacking anything, you do not need to worry about finding yet more, just write as BIS says. The fault is not with you, they just want to slash your money so as to slash the 'benefits bill' . I would say they have quite cynically given you till 2025 [which remember in reality will get reviewed in 2024 anyway] to try to put you off pursuing your rights. Do not let them away with this please, if the MR does not change things, going to appeal takes it out of their hands and Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunal Service are totally independent of DWP's mind games.
Best wishes and do keep us posted, as we all care if they don't!
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress, Gary

More
2 years 9 months ago #261921 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment. Update!
Thank you again Denby & BIS for your replies & encouragement. I have been in two minds because of the stress it brings, and the uncertainty of someone reversing to the original ‘2 points- no award’ but I think I need to ask for MR. It concerns me that it comes down to someone’s different interpretation or opinion & belief of my words, rather than the facts. It could go either way ?
It’s all sooooo exhausting ! This place is the only place to turn for me right now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 9 months ago #261926 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment. Update!
Hi makinprogress

Follow Denby & BIS guidance along with our guides. Don't forget to contact DWP for a copy of the assessors report (PA4), you will need this if you intent to apply for a MR.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide, half way down the page for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 9 months ago #261969 by Diamond 1
Replied by Diamond 1 on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Sleepless night feel sick my anxiety is through the roof I have my telephone assessment at 2 today will let you guys no how it goes .wish me luck

More
2 years 9 months ago #262021 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Hi Diamond1, only just seen your post. Said a little prayer for your anxiety and a good outcome. Assuming the assessment went ahead, now you need to phone up after 48 hours, ask for your assessment report. [If the person argues, just end the call and try again, it is your right to have unless you live in NI]. When you get it, make yourself a nice cuppa and grab a highlighter pen or two, to mark any things you think are not as they should be. Let us know, we all support each other this way,
best, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.