× Members

Phoned to find if any update(s) on PIP renewal.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261958 by phrank
Hi Gary,

I think Mr meant appealing against been given a telephone assessment when a paper based one has been requested, not appealing against the outcome of one.

This would have been one of my next questions so I'd be really.
interested to find out about the procedure, too.

Regards,

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261959 by phrank

Hi Phrank

You have not made things worse by trying to find out what is going on. The assessment provider may still come back and give you a paper-based assessment. If they try for a phone assessment, the system has now changed and you can appeal to them to change their mind and the decision would be looked at again. You can appeal a second time if it didn't go your way. Obviously, you don't want the stress of that happening and it may not come to that, but wait and see until you hear from IAS (formerly ATOS)

BIS

Hi Mr and Gary,

This was BIS's reply to my post earlier in this thread.

My answer was a bit confusing, I meant to say 'i didn 't know there was a system for appealing against been GIVEN a telephone assessment and having your request for a paper based one accepted.'

Hope this clears things up,

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261975 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic Phoned to find if any update(s) on PIP renewal.
Hi Phrank , that all sounds very positive. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it all goes smoothly.

All good wishes

More
2 years 9 months ago #262000 by Gordon
phrank

You cannot request a Mandatory Reconsideration or Appeal against a decision to carry out a telephone assessment rather than a Paper-Based Review as it is not a Benefit Decision, just an administrative one.

You can contact the DWP providing or pointing out where you have already provided evidence supporting a PBR. The primary decision on an assessment lies with the Assessment Provider but the DWP can override their decision providing the AP will still be able to produce a satisfactory assessment report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 9 months ago #262008 by phrank

Hi Phrank , that all sounds very positive. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it all goes smoothly.

All good wishes

Thanks An ex nurse,

Will keep you posted and, yes, my fingers and toes ard crossed!

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse

More
2 years 9 months ago #262010 by phrank
Hi Gordon,

Nice to hear from you again. I hope you are enjoying your new role.

Well that puts things a bit more in perspective and clears up the grey areas. Thanks for taking time to clarify this.

Kinc regards,

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.