× Members

Phoned to find if any update(s) on PIP renewal.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261887 by phrank
Hi an ex nurse,

Thank you so much for your support. It's ok it's me in panic mode again.

Sorry.

Since I got the review form I've been spending almost uncontrollably trying to replace everything I can convinced I'll lose my award. I reach state pension age early next year so am trying to get things sorted before then.

As for giving up; well I guess I will carry on. I attended a community support group this afternoon and the lady who runs it is going to call me on Wednesday and offer her support in the form of letters or whatever. I feel better for that.

As for now I will try and relax over the weekend and take a few deep breaths. Once again, thanks for all your support.

Kindest regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, denby, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261889 by denby
Hi Phrank, like An ex nurse i send you lots of support. It is hard feeling old and battered [at over 60 with kn---d knees I am starting to feel this] but look at it this way - OK you have not got anyone who can phone for you- sorry to hear that- but please stick with it to get the assessment, done by paper, so you can then enjoy a very much financially better retirement.
Kind regards,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 8 months ago #261895 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic Phoned to find if any update(s) on PIP renewal.
Hi Phrank, no need to apologise for how you feel, it is very understandable and good to voice your worries. I am pleased you have found someone locally who can support you.

Sending all good wishes to you

More
2 years 8 months ago #261943 by phrank
Hi an ex nurse and Denby,

Thanks for your replies, very much appreciated. Just to update you; I did find someone to phone on my behalf, but when it got escalated to a case manager I sort of nervously took over.

He was very understanding and I gave him an update.

It completely slipped my mind to mention on my form - or even send a letter to let them know - that I've been referred to my local older persons mental health team.

I have a community mental health psychiatric nurse phones me once per week and have a home visit on Friday from a Clinical Psychiatrist.

I had the letter handy when he asked for their names and the phone number. He added notes to my case file and when I asked if he needed it in writing he said there was no need and that the assessment provider will contact them if need be.

He could tell I wasn't good and said because of my age the next award would be a ten year light touch review. I also gave the name and phone number of the lady who is phoning me on Wednesday ( she daid I could do this).

I know this isn't in any way a guarantee that I will definitely get a paper-based assessment, but it must swing the odds more in my favour.

Yes, I will push in any way I can to make that happen even if it means having to appeal.

Kind regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, denby

More
2 years 8 months ago #261950 by MrFibro
Hi Bis.

Phrank wrote >>>>Thanks for your really swift reply, advice and - most importantly -reassurance. I didn't know there was an appeal system for challenging against telephone assessments.

How does one go about appealing against a telephone assessment ?

Thanks in advance.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261956 by Gary
Hi mrfibrospondodysthmatic

The same as a face to face assessment, you have to apply for a MR first, if no joy then you appeal.

Have a look at our guide on PIP Appeals (which includes Mandatory Reconsiderations). It might help you make up your mind. If you are going to put in for an MR you need to do it within one month of the decision. You should also ring and ask for the assessment report which will give you more details on you were scored.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.