× Members

Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies

More
2 years 6 months ago #263782 by Ava
I have just received by medical assesement report and it is full of lies and the woman has marked me 0 for everything. Despite the fact that I have only been out of my house 2 times in the past year, which wasn't longer than 5 minutes.
She put that med

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #263783 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava

I'm sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, you are not alone in having such an experience. Are you going to put in for a mandatory reconsideration?

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ava

More
2 years 6 months ago #263789 by Ava
Replied by Ava on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi, thank you for your response. I had difficulty posting, so did not complete all that I wanted to state. I am considering but it seems like it is a waste of time as the assesor put 0 points for everything. Just a background of my medical condtion. I have anxiety, general and social depression and PTSD. That have gotten worse over the years. I have only been out twice in the past year.

She put that I was managing and copying well with my medication, despite the fact that I have not been outside my house for more than 5 minutes in two years. My condition is getting worst. She stated that because I have weekly counselling sessions on the telephone, shows I have good motivation. She did not even contact my GP for my report. She said I take cab out of personal choice which is also I lie. I take cab due top anxiety and PTSD. She said because my last job that was more than 3 years ago was in social medica marketing that meant i had no communication issues, despite the fact that it was online and working from home.

More
2 years 6 months ago #263790 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava,

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I just can't cannot understand why they do this. If they have to lie can't they use a different tactic other just marking down people as zero across the board.

The same thing has happened to me in the past and it's so common. I read about it all the time on here and on other sites.

I have to say I did win my appeal when it happened to me so it's not the end of the story.

I wish you luck in your Mandatory Recon (I presume you will be asking for one} and all I can say is please follow the guides and you are halfway there to getting what is rightfully yours.

Best of luck,

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Ava

More
2 years 6 months ago #263794 by KazM
Replied by KazM on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
I hope you feel able to complain as I did. The more complaints they receive the more chance we have of getting this resolved. It's so distressing to read. I'm just working on my MR. I need so much support from my husband for my mental illness which has just been completely ignored. I really wish these assessors could walk in our shoes and see how difficult it really is. Wishing you all the best for the future. Do not give up without a fight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Ava

More
2 years 6 months ago #263798 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava

Obviously, it is your choice whether you put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration, but there are quite a few members who were awarded zero points by the assessor and then find themselves with an award.

The DWP do not generally contact GPs, nor do the assessors. They only tend to do this if they think they can't make a decision without requesting further evidence. Unfortunately, the information sent out by the DWP makes it sound as if they do contact GPs.

Incorrect information - such as your marketing job, is something if you put in for an MR - you simply say the assessor was mistaken and you say something similar to what you have above.

Lies - some assessors do tell specific lies. As hard as it is if you put in for a mandatory reconsideration, it's better to concentrate on the points where you wanted to score points and you didn't and highlight the evidence that you have and adopt the tone that they are mistaken. You can always put in a separate complaint which is dealt with independently if you consider the lying has damaged your chances.

We gave a guide which will help if you want to put in for an MR - called the Guide to PIP appeals. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip (scroll down the page)

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ava

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.