× Members

Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies

More
2 years 7 months ago #263842 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava,
I am also glad that you sent in a complaint, I can appreciate how low and upset having an assessment conducted in that way woukd make you feel.
Pare down the a MR and keep it impersonal and you will have a much better chance of success.
Keep fighting, please don't give up!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ava

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #263848 by Ava
Replied by Ava on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Thank you, I reduced by 5000 rant to about 500 words and summarised what where the main points. I did forget some of the inaccurate points as I lodged the complaint on the phone. But when the case manager or whoever looks at my complaint contacts me, I will state more, or should I update my complaint? The inaccuracies are very similiar for example, the assesor put that I am managing my medication and I never said such thing, I am not, I rarely manage to take my medication and I do not collect my prescription on time. The recent doctor I spoke to, noticed that I was not collecting my prescription on time, so there is no way that I am taking it daily, and he even warned me that it is not good to not to take the medication I have been prescribed regularly because it will "turn me into a yo-yo" his words not mine, with my emotions and anxiety going up and down and he warned me that I should be taking it everyday. It is very difficult to take my medication, with ADHD and PTSD symptoms. So the assesor said throughout on each prescipter that I was managing my prescription well and had a daily routine. I do not have a daily routine, it is impossible for me to have a daily routine with my symptoms and how it effects me. I never said such thing to her. I mentioned all that in the complaint, but I forget to mention that she also stated that I said that the telephone counselling was going well and I am improving and managing well with that, which is also incorrect and I never stated such thing. She also stated it was a personal choice to use cab, because I prefered, I never said such thing, I said I take cab due to severe anxiety and PTSD, not out of preference.

I'm also going to send more evidence to the decision maker, at DWP I have evidence from all the way back to 2014 which show I struggled with some daily activities relating to my condition. But I am not sure, if it will get there in time. As it has been two weeks since I received a text from DWP that they have received my assessment, so I am sure they will make a decision soon.

More
2 years 7 months ago #263854 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava

I can feel it in your writing that you have chilled down a bit, hindsight is a wonderful thing but we all forget in the rush of the moment.

I knew a claimant who would only use a specific taxi company to take her anywhere unless her son took her and it had to be a specific driver, she used the same driver for over 18 years.

We ended up at a tribunal and won std daily living and enhanced mobility.

I am pleased that you reduced your rant down from 5000 words to a more constructive 500 words, it will be interesting to see what the outcome of your MR is.

Don't get disheartened if you get another negative, I have helped so many claimants with zero points win at a tribunal, my latest one was on Monday, a telephone tribunal, she wanted to call it off due to anxiety, but I managed to talk her into not giving up when I spoke to her before the hearing.

As you do not have a daily routine, it might be a good idea to write a day diary for a week to enable the Tribunal to have a glimpse of your life, the ups and downs.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26, Raph

More
2 years 6 months ago #263876 by Ava
Thank you, I was shocked at the extent of the lies, that was why I was so emotional. I posted on this forum the same day I had received the pA4 form. The assessment was very bad and I knew it was not going to be a good outcome, but I thought it would be more of her opinion not taking the seriousness of my medical condition, what I was not expecting was the complete lies and inaccurate assumptions.

I took everyone advice and removed claims of lies and replaced with inaccurate and stuck to the PIP descriptors.

It feels very petty when I read the PA4, for example she said because I can answer the door for deliveries which is just twice a week for about 10 seconds, and often does not involve more than a thank you, that means I have no problem with engaging with people. It makes me feel like you can't be able to do anything to get PIP.

More
2 years 6 months ago #263878 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava

I can understand why you are so upset - because it is ridiculous to think because you take in the post that is engagement. It isn't! I know that it's tempting to say an assessor is a liar (when they have lied), but at this stage, it just won't help your case. You can always complain separately. When your case is reviewed for your MR, you want them to concentrate on the difficulties you have for care and mobility and where you meet the criteria. I hope that you have a positive outcome.

BIS

More
2 years 6 months ago #263891 by Ava
Since reading others experience, I can see calling her liar is not going to work and the DWP have a standard response to that accusation. But I am tempting to point out the flawed logic and conclusions of everything she stated, what is the success of this? For example if she comes with up with 5 different reasons for why the pip descriptor does not apply, with three of them being compeletly untrue and two being incomplete or leasing to a false assumption, is it worth responding to?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.