× Members

Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies

More
2 years 7 months ago #263825 by Ava
Replied by Ava on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Thank you LL26 for your response. you make very good points. I have spent all day writing a response. it is currently 5000 words, but when I am done, I will try and condense it to 2000 words. I am hyper focussed on it, it is the ADHD. I know they will not be bothered to read it but I wanted to respond to all of the report. Even the telophone assesement was bad, I have spent all day crying, reading my report. It is very triggering. I just received it today, im sure when I have calm down emotionally, ill remove lies and replace with inaccurary. I even wrote that she is cruel but I know that will not help at all, so I have removed those references. I'll share what I have wrote so far and I would appreciate feedback on what to remove. Here is the beginning of my response.

My condition:
On the day of the assessment my anxiety was high, I also did not have adequate sleep due to insomnia, flashbacks and nightmares. In general I have difficulty communicating what I need to say. I need to type or write down what I need to say before I communicate, to communicate effectively. My anxiety can cause me to not answer properly.

The Assesor Attittude:
The attitude of the assesor: The assesor had a very abrubt attitude from the beginning of the phone call assessment. I felt like she was bullying me and was even shouting at me at times and I felt triggered by her behavior. I told my mother the very same day that the assesor was being aggresive and dismissive. I also told my counsellor who I do my theraoy with the following week that, I have been unable to rest since my assesement was so horrendous. The assesor showed an attitude of dislike and disapproval and that has biased her in her assessment of me. She ignored everything that I mentioned, which is evidenced by the way that she has stated that I can do things that I can not do and stated I said things I did not say.
She was very abrupt, dismissive and obsessed with irrelevant things and when I tried to talk, she would say “we are moving on to the next question”. She upset me and mad me cry more than twice and made me feel more suicidal. She had an agenda to make me look stupid or wrong. I had not slept the day before and I find it difficult to communicate with her. Felt like the asseor was judgeing me and was being judgmental and discriminating against my illness.
She obsessed over irrelevant things, for example she asked me when was the last time I went out, I told her 6 months ago, which was going to the GP in March, she was questioning why I would go to the GP during the lockdown, instead of questioning why I have not left the house in 6 months. She was obesssed with proving that I did not need to go out that time when I did, I need to update my records because if I did not, I would not be unable to get a fit note in my legal name and I would not be able to get support. I have not gotten covid-19 vaccination due to anxiety and PTSD and she never enquire or ask me questions in regards to that. She was obsessed with me going out to the GP to update my name, asking me loads of unnecessary questions, making accusations and assumptions. She wasted about 15 minutes asking unnecessary questions in regards to this, interrogating me in regards to why I needed to change my name. I said my mum registered me with my nickname and not my legal name, this was in 1996, I did not have a passport then. She questioned that when you register they ask for passport, not in 1996 it was not a legal requirement back then, anybody could register for some GP;s without ID during those years. My mother also registered me at primary and secondary school with my nickname. Is it a crime to be registered under a nickname when your a child. What does all this have to do with going out, it felt like she was discriminationing against me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #263826 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava

I can feel your anger in your post, but don't make it personal, if there are inaccuracies then point them out as you go through the report, remember the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

There are numerous ways in compiling a MR, LL26 has given you some very good pointers, I always use a highlighter when going over a PA4 to highlight any inaccuracies.

I also make a list of what I believe should have been awarded, some welfare rights officers do this at the submission stage others do it at the MR stage and then copy it for the appeal if the MR goes against them.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ava

More
2 years 7 months ago #263827 by Ava
I understand that I should stick to the PIP descriptor, I am very upset but her attitude was off from the beginnig of the assesement. For one the descriptor she just skipped it and did not ask me any questions, she answered it herself based on how she felt I was doing during the telephone assesement. She would say I would not get any points for that, based on how I have been on the phone and then when I tried to respond with an example She would cut me off and say "we are moving to the next question" Then she wrote on the PIP form no examples given, even though she cut me off and would not allow me to give examples. But on the other hand she was obsessed with ireelevant things and asking several questions, spending a lot of time on things that where irelevant to the disabilty, like her obsession with my mum registering me with my nickname, me not being registered with ID what has this got to do with disability. I wanted to mention her baviour because I think it shows that she was predijuce from the beginning. She spent a lot of time on irrelevant things. She barely asked me questions on descriptors that where relevant. my telephone assesement was 2 hours long and she skipped a few descriptor and would not allow me to answer and then put on the form that I could not give no examples, when she denied me that opportunity. I spent two hours answering irrelevant questions and crying

More
2 years 7 months ago #263828 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Don't forget all the "Misses". The assessor misheard, misremembered, is mistaken, and misquoted you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, organic, Raph

More
2 years 7 months ago #263835 by Ava
I have sent in my complaint to IAS and they said, I should get a response in 20 days. I will also complain to the MP as well. The inaccuracies are just too much for me to not complain about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 7 months ago #263839 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava

I'm glad you sent in a complaint. I hope you receive a positive outcome.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ava

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.