× Members

Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #263895 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava

The decision of whether or not to argue normally depends on two main points. 1. How much fight do you have in you? (and only you can decide this and 2. A little bit of luck on who is reading your evidence (something you have zero control over.

You can argue any number of points but if it comes over as passive-aggressive (which it is easy for all of us to do when dealing with a poor report) - it can weaken your argument (even though you may be right).

So it's best to try and use as little emotion as possible, stick to the facts and state "The assessor said (their words from the PA4) but I said (your words from notes, recording or memory) and my account is in line with the evidence I submitted from Dr, X." or "They said I can do (their words from the PA4) but they are mistaken as I never do because of my (your medical condition) See letter from Consultant B which confirms I have (your medical condition).

You are still calling them out for their mistakes without accusing them of lying. Only you know how much you want to fight.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: organic, Ava

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #263908 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava, BIS puts it well when he says "as little emotion as possible" I often use the words 'coldly state....' You have got to show why her conclusions are wrong. I'm not a mod but I would major on the strongest reason or two for each descriptor - ones for which you can refer to evidence the way BIS shows you. It will also keep it manageable to read, which in an overworked office is probably in your favour.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ava

More
2 years 6 months ago #263910 by Ava
Replied by Ava on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Thank you, that is helpful. I was wondering how I could tie my evidence in with my points. I will focus on the points that I have more evidence against.

More
2 years 6 months ago #263949 by Ava
Where do I send my letter for the case manager? I see two different address for PIP. site hadnling a and site handling b. Also do I title my letter to case manager or decision maker?

More
2 years 6 months ago #263957 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Medical Assessment Report Full of Lies
Hi Ava

According to the government website, it should be site B www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline.

Address the letter to the decision-maker.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #263965 by Ava
Thank you, how should I address the envelope? do I put the decision maker on the evenlope not jut letter. I have a lot anxiety about addressing this, that it will be taken to a shop called "the decision maker" instead of PIP

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.