× Members

ESA50 Wording

More
2 years 4 months ago #265418 by WF2K
Replied by WF2K on topic ESA50 Wording
I'll speak to my son about it later, thanks for the suggestion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #265442 by WF2K
Hello :)

Would it be ok for me to post something we've done for one of the descriptors just so I know if it's ok or not? please. Basically, I want to know if it's we've included the right info or too much info or if it's rambling, I've tried to do what was in the guide, that way we'll know what we are doing with the rest of the form.

I know why I'm so worried about it and kind of fixating, I had a bit of a fiasco with my PIP review where the assessor tried to flip the award and make it about my physical health and dropped my points to standard. The report was disputed but I won't bore you with that, I'll just say I ended up appealing thanks to Capita's mistakes.

In the report the assessor said something about different things not being stated on the form, so I asked for a copy of it.. and I was pretty disgusted, I disputed the form with them and I got a load of excuses as per, they claim you don't need to put a lot of info for a review.. it wasn't a tick box form where you tick no change, it was a proper form from what I can remember.

The person offering to help me now from Welfare Rights is a senior officer, but I still don't trust them.

Was also wondering, a GPFR was done for PIP, would the assessor and/or case manager that deals with ESA have access to this and would they look at it? I believe the report helped overturn the decision when it went to appeal.

Also, do I need to send a copy of the updated form to the DWP or will the assessment company do that? I don't have a working printer atm.

Thanks in advance

More
2 years 4 months ago #265466 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA50 Wording
Hi WF2K

You can post something you have done on the forum for one of the descriptors, the beauty of the forum is that members will post what they did for the question, you just need to take on board that your condition may not be the same as the members but it can help you look at things differently.

We always recommend that you treat the review form as if it was a new claim, we know that there is not much room to explain how your condition affects you but you can add extra pages, you need to add your name and NINO to each page and number the pages (1 of 20 ... 5 of 20 ect)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WF2K

More
2 years 4 months ago #265481 by WF2K
Thank you Gary, that's exactly what I'd read about PIP forms regardless of if nothing has changed and what type of form it is, you're suppose do fill it in as a new claim.. Like I said, I disputed this several times with Welfare Rights.

They offered to help with the ESA50, but I'm quite weary, the good thing about it is, if I do go along with it and let them help, they need to send me the form prior to me sending it because it needs to be sent directly to the person who has been "helping" us at the assessment company.

Also my assessment for the 15th was cancelled.. because whoever booked it didn't book it with a woman, so the person who has been dealing with my complaint cancelled it. At least it gives us more time to do the form. This is the 5th time it's been cancelled, they've cancelled 4 of those appointments..

More
2 years 4 months ago #265487 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA50 Wording
Hi WF2K

Four cancellations from them must be something of a record. I hope it is sorted to your satisfaction soon.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WF2K

More
2 years 4 months ago #265504 by WF2K
Quick couple of questions.

So as I've stated previously, I've gotten 18 points in mobility for PIP, 8 for "can stand and move unaided more than 20 meters but no more than 50 metres", the other 10 is for "cannot undertake a journey without another person etc"

Do I leave the distance unchecked or do I tick 50?

It's wrong anyways, I use a walking stick but hey oh.

Also, for "steps", my advocate stated that there are 2 steps at the back of the bungalow but there is no rail and I have had accidents when going down the steps, should we even mention that with there being no rail or support of any kind?

Thanks in advance

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.