× Members

ESA50 Wording

More
2 years 5 months ago #265965 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA50 Wording
Hi WF2K

It can be very stressful when things do not run smoothly.

Well done for standing your ground and not agreeing for the assessment to go ahead at very short notice as it would have gone against you, did you get a call back to arrange a new appointment?

We like to hear people moan and you are correct, there are some very nice members on here who will offer you support and they may even join you in your moaning.

You do need to inform the assessor the impact this has on your condition, warts and all, so don't be embarrassed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WF2K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265970 by denby
Replied by denby on topic ESA50 Wording
Dear WF2K, may I agree with Gary and back up what he says, you might be embarrassed to give TMI to the forum but when the assessment does happen sock the lot to the assessor -he/she's being paid well enough out of all our money to hear it!
You have every right to moan about such bad treatment and I would even add telling your GP, perhaps by writing it down as then all the [gross?] details will be on your file not just what somebody can be bothered to type up. And include how it has all made you feel. This way if you put in a complaint about them later, you can call on the GP records to back you up.
Hope it's not needed but better it's there in case isn't it?
Best,
Denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #265972 by WF2K
Replied by WF2K on topic ESA50 Wording
Thanks Gary.

No, they're waiting on info from the GP who I now don't trust after reading the "supporting" letter that she wrote for me, I honestly don't know why I went to the trouble of trying to explain my mental health conditions to her via email or when she came to my home, I thought she understood my struggles, I wonder if she was being lazy and didn't bother to jog her own memory, I said it didn't need to be a long letter but I also said I needed my health conditions confirming and that fact treatment hadn't helped etc.

The supporting letter doesn't say I'm agoraphobic, it says "struggles to leave the house" she also put my significant anxiety as anxiety and said medication hadn't helped in the past when it was treatment including counselling, CBT etc that hadn't help, I've been diagnosed with these conditions, she's not even mentioned that I rarely speak to anyone other than my son... I won't be using the letter and have emailed to tell her that the letter lacks info considering I paid £25 for it. She also doesn't seem to understand the difference between complex PTSD and PTSD..

It's something else that's now added to my anxiety and worrying.

The assessment centre are aware of the impact because I made a complaint in October, however I've not moaned at them about their recent mistake and I think my advocate wants to now complain to ICE.

I'm hoping I don't need to have an assessment with them requesting info from the GP, not getting my hopes up after reading the letter. If I had known the assessment centre was going to request further info I wouldn't have asked for the letter because there's no point in sending it is there?

More
2 years 5 months ago #265982 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA50 Wording
Hi WF2K

I'm sorry that your GP's letter did not contain the information you wanted. I agree that you should never submit a letter that could be potentially damaging to your case.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WF2K

More
2 years 5 months ago #265987 by WF2K
Replied by WF2K on topic ESA50 Wording
Thank you BIS, yeah, I read the letter and immediately started to get very anxious.

No, I would only use a letter that I felt was beneficial, although the letter does state certain things, I feel that it was important that my agoraphobia, significant anxiety be properly stated, the fact I struggle with people as well.

Is there any point in the GP writing me a letter now the assessment centre have asked for further information? I was going to keep it if it had been good just in case I needed it for something else. Also, what if the information the medical centre provides doesn't support what I've said? Which is part of my worry.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265991 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA50 Wording
Hi WF2K

If your GP is writing a letter free of charge then there is no harm in receiving the letter, as BIS has stated if it is detrimental to your claim then do not send it.

If the letter helps your cause then you may want to wait for the outcome of the assessment, if ithe assessment goes against you then you can use the letter to help you with your MR.

There will be a lot of what ifs going through your mind, you need to concentrate on positive thoughts although that is easily said than done.

We all wish you good luck and positive thoughts.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.