× Members

My PIP Telephone Assessment Today

More
1 year 9 months ago #272208 by UC:
Replied by UC: on topic My PIP Telephone Assessment Today
Good morning everyone!
I still await the PIP letter!

Perhaps someone may be in a position to advise with regard to my application for New Style ESA?

I submitted an online application on the morning of Wednesday 22/06/22.

That very same afternoon, DWP contacted HMRC to advise them of an annual ESA Allowance of £5,121!

This impacted on my annual Tax Allowance, resulting in a deduction of £73 per month, commencing 11/07/22.

I received my ESA Allowance letter yesterday. Grand total of £3.48 a week! The letter referenced a cost of living amount too.

Obviously, this award does not correspond with the DWP notification to HMRC of £5,121 a year, or £98 a week!

My Fit Notes have been sent to DWP and my completed Capability for Work form has been sent off too!

What do you think I should do with regard to incorrect notification to HMRC? I am currently being financially penalised incorrectly via tax deduction!

Full NI contributions were made for past two years.

Assuming that I do receive enhanced award for both components of PIP, what impact does this have on New Style ESA?

I live at home with my wife. Is there an ESA premium for a couple?

Apologies, but finding the world of ESA confusing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #272213 by UC:
Hi everyone,
I have finally received my PIP letter!

Enhanced for both components of PIP!

Review date May 2025.

So, a 7 month journey for my application process finally reaches its conclusion.

I would welcome advice whether or not to request a MR for length of award?

I included medical evidence that referenced how one of my conditions is lifelong, incurable and debilitating.

Or am I merely contributing to even more stress?

One thing that I would like to flag up is the significant inconsistencies with the PIP application process (in my case migration from DLA) with anything from 6 weeks up to 7 months in my case, and length of award.

To end on a positive note, I cannot praise and thank the help, guidance and support that I have received from this Organisation.

I used the PIP guides to submit my PIP application.

Without such help and support, I do not think that I would have received such a positive outcome.

God bless you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

More
1 year 9 months ago #272218 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic My PIP Telephone Assessment Today
Hi UC,
Wow what a long PIP journey but hey, all successful in the end. Thanks for sharing. Hearing stories about others is always encouraging. Well done for your award.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #272224 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic My PIP Telephone Assessment Today
Hi UC

As LL26 has stated many congratulations on the award and well done. Absolutely delighted to hear that you have been awarded your enhanced PIP award. Great news.

I did read some statistics that 3 years seem to be the norm depending on your age.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #272228 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic My PIP Telephone Assessment Today
Hi UC

NS ESA is a taxable income, which depends on your age and whether or not you are in the support group. Dwp will always inform HMRC what your annual income was.

I would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation who can take all your circumstances into consideration; advicelocal.uk

Gary

More
1 year 9 months ago #272240 by UC:
Thanks Gary,
I will make contact with my local Welfare Rights Organisation.

How can the DWP arrive at a figure of £5,121 per annum, on the same afternoon that I submitted my online application for New Style ESA?

I am now having tax deducted for an allowance that I have yet to receive and will be nowhere near the sum that DWP claim it to be?

Thanks also to LL26 for kind words!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.